Essential Will Also Release A Smart Home Hub Device To Compete With Google Home and Amazon Echo.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
essential-home-3-400x220-png.77512

The key to success with any Smart home device is to get in early. Once you have someone tied in to your echo system it is very hard for that person to change to something else. I have already began to notice this with my Google Home. I received a Google Home for free with my LG G6. I quickly found out that I wouldn't be able to use it to call up Music from Amazon Music which I currently have a year long subscription to. Instead it wants me to subscribe to Google Music. Samsung is also planning on jumping into this game offering a Home Hub experience to utilize Bixby and other Samsung products.

Andy Rubin would also like to get in on this new trend early with an Essential Home device. He has introduced the device which will be launched alongside the Essential Phone. The device does include an interactive display which is activated by touch, voice, or even glance. It has been reported by Wired that the device will be capable of using Alexa, Siri, or Google's Assistant for voice commands. Pricing and Availability has not yet been announced, but we should have more info on that soon.

via Phandroid

Attachments

• Essential-Home-3-400x220.png
    Essential-Home-3-400x220.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,443