ESPN Alerts

PARick

Reaction score
Is there any way to get ESPN Alerts on my Droid I? I have the ScoreCenter App. But even if you set alerts for a specific game, you do not get them. With football season here....I am dying!

Booch_21

Reaction score
They are standard text messages. All they want is your phone number on a compatible carrier, which Verizon is. I get ESPN alerts on my Droid just fine.

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
They are standard text messages. All they want is your phone number on a compatible carrier, which Verizon is. I get ESPN alerts on my Droid just fine.

Wow, I can't. Then I called Verizon support, and they said you couldn't with the Droid! So, you just signed up as normal?

Booch_21

Reaction score
Actually, I was signed up through Alltel. After I moved to Verizon, I changed my account to the temporary number until my contract was up. Then I changed back to my old number, which is my current number. Confusing, eh?

Yes, I just signed up as normal on ESPN's site. I didn't involve the carrier for any part of the sign up. As I said, its nothing special. You get standard text messages only. I don't know why any carrier would say a phone can't do that.

Booch_21

Reaction score
Just got a couple of alerts as I was typing:

CAP201009071050.jpg

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Well, I envy you! I can't even get the test text after entering my phone number!

niagrafats

Reaction score
Droid Problem?

Was not sure that this was a Droid problem, but I too had Alltel phone service. I have had ESPN text alerts for about 2 years. I switched over to the Droid and with it Verizon service about a year ago or so, just after the Droid came out. I was recieving all my text alerts, then all of the sudden around Sept. 25th of this year, I stopped getting them. I really enjoyed them, but have not been able to get them. When I do get into the text alerts page on ESPN, it says that I am signed up for everything that I used to get, but wala, I get nothing. I tried to get in there today, and nothing. That is how I came across this thread. I googled espn alert problem and came to this thread. I do notice ESPN has a 1-800 number, and I might try calling them tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks