ESE81 & Helixlauncher question?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by budmonster, May 6, 2010.

1. budmonster

budmonster Guest

I'm currently on the ESE81stock w/ root, from Pete. I'm not on any rom.

I'm trying to edit my Helixlauncher 1, I swapped some images and everything seemed to work. Then I sttarted getting random reboots and some FCs. Do I have to sign the Helixlauncher.apk or do any special ADB commands? If I do not need to sign the apk, can someone explain to me how to do it.

Thanks guys...
  2. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Use Root explorer and move Helix from data/app to system/app, verify permissions, reboot...then modify your theme control file to reflect the new directory.

Then you can theme it with no problems. I don't understand why, but my Helix 2 runs smoother/faster and with Zero FCs after I moved it to the system/app folder.
  3. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

should not have to sign or anything if it is in system/app which im pretty sure your already doing or it would not run at all most likely just an issue with the png files being to large file size or the format of png is not 100% android friendly might try reexporting the images to the most basic png settings
  4. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Yeah the launcher has been in sys apps. I think I might of made a png smaller than what it originally was. Could that be it. I also edited .9 png file in photoshop. Is there an app I should use to change .9 pngs?
  5. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Bud,

I have had good luck with photshop. One thing I make sure and do is check the files advanced properties first, size, bit depth, resolution etc. and make sure whatever I am doing in photoshop gives me the same properties. Sometimes I have to play with color properties, bitmap, rgb, and even layers, but it can all be done.

Craig
  6. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

I have had no problem saving them as non-.9 files and chanign the rez though the rez has never been smaller that could be part of it