[ESE81 Built From Source] - Simply Stunning v3.1 - 2.1 ROM [4/9/2010]

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Apr 9, 2010.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What's New - This is an ESE81 2.1 ROM - Built From Source :)

1. Helix Launcher2 not supported yet
    2. Helix Launcher1 included in nandroid backup
    3. New bootanimation (THANKS to Liquidzgrl) - you won't see it if you don't wipe
    4. Nexus LWP's have a darkened background
    5. Facebook/Yahoo/Skype Mobile issues fixed
    6. Predictive text issues fixed - extra keyboard removed
    7. 'Home' launcher is again 5-screen

8. Many new scripts. All of the mv* scripts are dual purpose, they can both rename (the default) or delete. Renaming hides it in your app list, but you can get it back later. When you delete, it's gone. Here they are:

mvcc - Corporate Calendar
    mvch - Car Home
    mvclock - Alarm Clock
    mvdroid - Droid Sound
    mvdt - Dev Tools
    mvgg - Google Goggles
    mvgv - Google Voice
    mvhl - Helix Launcher
    mvl - Launcher/Home
    mvl2 - Launcher2/Launcher
    mvmp3 - Amazon MP3
    mvqo - Passion Quick Office
    mvsp - Spare Parts

For example, to rename/hide Corporate Calendar:

mvcc

Run the same command again and it will magically re-appear

If you know you'll never want to use it and just want it gone, just append -d to the command:

mvcc -d

The next two scripts will backup and restore your apps to your SD card. No settings yet ... but working on that. At least this is an easy way to restore your apps if you don't have a good paid app such as Titanium (yes I love to save you money, ha ha):

bkapps
    rstapps

What's Existing

1. Certain apps (Maps/Pandora) removed - can be downloaded from the market, also as themed versions below
    2. All busybox commands properly linked
    3. Kernels now includes TUN
    4. Modified framework to work with PulldownEditor
    5. Nexus LWP will be less intensive on the CPU, which means less heat (cuts cpu usage almost in half; credit to ReverendYo/ChevyNo1)
    6. Including options for different colors on Nexus LWP
    7. Starfield wallpaper is also gone, as it was previously in /system
    8. Now including a /data partition in the nandroid. Now included is the Wifi-Tether app pre10

To Wipe Or Not To Wipe

If you are coming from 2.0.1, you MUST data wipe - if you do not, you WILL have problems. If you are coming from a ROM that was not built from source, it is advisable for you to completely wipe/factory reset.

With version 3.1, I now have 3 methods of installing this, and they apply to different groups. They are:

1. Coming from a 2.0.1 ROM or a ROM not built from source - LINK DOWN - Simply Stunning v3.1 ESE81 Nandroid - this crowd MUST wipe
    2. Coming from a 2.1 ROM built from source - Simply Stunning v3.1 ESE81 Update (update.zip format) - no wipe necessary (people for #1 can also use this method, just wipe via SPRecovery)
    3. Coming from SS3.0 or greater - Simply Stunning v3.1 ESE81 Upgrade (update.zip format) - no wipe necessary

Maps/Pandora is now removed from /system. This means if you are running a previous version of my ROM and any/all of these are still in /system, you will have files stranded in /data when you flash this ROM. This only seems to be a problem with Maps; the other two seem to still be able to be installed from the market. There is a process documented to resolve the maps issue. Right at the top of this page. Maps will now prompt you to login, and you should get an alert in your notification bar. If your browser cannot lock into your location, go into Settings -> Location -> Use Wireless Networks - the browser relies on cell towers and not GPS.

If the kernel is a problem, you will get stuck on the 'M' while booting up. In this case, flash a lower kernel AFTER the ROM.

This build comes with the 1.0Ghz low voltage kernel; you can change that if you wish with the kernels I've also listed. If you do NOT want to lose the current kernel you are running, simply de-select the boot partition in the Advanced Nandroid Restore menu.

Stock Theme Patcher (update.zip) - Will revert to 3-screen Launcher as well

Nexus LWP Color Options - update.zip format

Nexus-Blue.zip
    Nexus-Green.zip
    Nexus-Original.zip
    Nexus-Red.zip
    Nexus-Yellow.zip

Additional Kernels (update.zip format):

All My Other Kernels

Nandroid Installation Instructions:
    -It is strongly suggested to nandroid-backup your current ROM before doing anything!
    -Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
    -Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
    -Reboot into recovery mode
    -Backup/Restore
    -Advanced Nandroid Restore
    -Choose backup (select the ROM)
    -Perform Restore
    -Done!

If you de-select the data /partition in Advanced Nandroid Restore, your data is safe and will not be touched!

update.zip format Installation Instructions:
    -It is strongly suggested to nandroid-backup your current ROM before doing anything!
    -Place the update.zip file into the root of your sdcard (RENAME to update.zip)
    -Reboot into recovery mode
    -Choose install
    -Choose allow update.zip Installation
    -Choose Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)
    -Done!

Base:

ESE81

What's Inside the Box:

-Overclocked Kernel with seven slots allows clocking of 125-1000 MHz in mixed steps (credit to ChevyNo1)
    - Check the 'other kernels' link if you want a different speed, or a 5-slot kernel
    - Supports TempMonitor
    - The base 1.0G kernel has NO voltage increase over stock
    - These kernels ALSO include the STOCK 550Mhz slot, and the kernels DEFAULT to that speed, until you use an app like SetCPU.

- Corporate Calendar
    -2.1 Desk Clock
    -2.1 Keyboard with voice input
    -2.1 Gallery 3D, MultiTouch
    -2.1 Music App (white notification text thanks to mjones)
    -2.1 Glassed News and Weather App (credit to ChevyNo1)
    -2.1 Optimized Live Wallpapers (less CPU usage = less heat)
    -HQ YouTube Default Tweak (credit to xeudoxus)
    -HQ Video Recording Tweak (credit to Fede)
    -Version Information In Settings > About Phone
    -Disabled OTA Updates
    -Disabled default ring delay of 3 seconds (credit to ChevyNo1)
    -*Battery Saver* Wifi Scans Increased to 30 seconds (credit to ChevyNo1)
    -Version Information In Settings > About Phone
    -Completely Deodexed System (meaning easily customizable)
    -SuperUser App
    -Flash Image
    -Busybox

-Added commands sysrw/sysro for mounting /system read/write or readonly. Also note that sysro remounts read only AND performs the sync for you

-Added new Linux commands that I sorely missed:

more
    head
    tail
    which
    cp
    grep
    find
    awk
    sed
    less
    wc

Cleaned/linked the following commands which unnecessarily eat up 10MB of /system:

ash
    chmod
    clear
    cp
    dd
    ifconfig
    kill
    printenv
    traceroute
    unzip
    vconfig
    vi
    who
    whoami

Removed:

-Camera Shutter Sound
    -Video Recording Sound (credit to ChevyNo1)

Theme:

-Smoked Glass Blue (credit to AdamZ modified by ChevyNo1)
    -Added custom status bar icons (credit to blake2050@droidforums)
    -Added extra custom status bar icons (credit to mjones1052@droidforums)
    -Progress bars changed to match blue theme (credit to ChevyNo1)
    -Clear push-icons on desktop (credit to ReverendYo - skinned from Alldroid community ROM)
    -White Clock (credit to Ohsaka)

Recommended Apps:

SetCPU - not included as it is a paid Market app

Glassed Facebook (credit to ChevyNo1) - update.zip - may cause future update issues
    Glassed Pandora (credit to ChevyNo1) - update.zip - may cause future update issues

Bugs:

-Sometimes the auto-brightness does not work if your phone has just rebooted. Simply pressing the power button twice will fix it.
    -In the pulldown, the Market information is still black, making it hard to read - working on this

Disclaimer:

This is an overclock ROM, therefore if you're not careful, you'll do damage. I am not responsible for any such damage, you use this of your own free will.

Enjoy, and feedback is always welcome - bugs included
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  2. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Sweetness, thanks for the new update. Was just gonna update to your 3.0 this evening as it was so I guess I'll go this route instead. One quickie tho even if I'm not running you 3.0 would it work out fine using you Full-update.zip file and do a full wipe. Currently I've got Koush's ROM on mine but I hosed to things myself on accident and I'm game to just full wipe and start fresh. Just want to make sure I can use the update.zip file instead of the nandroid seeing as I am on a source ROM but do want to wipe anyways.
  3. jonbar87

jonbar87 New Member

Nice! So I can install this (I'm running your simply stunning ese81 2.1 rom) and all my settings will remain the same as long as I deselect data /partition, correct? (I made a backup just incase)
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  4. virtualhuman

virtualhuman New Member

Wow, thanks for making this so easy! Looking forward to trying it out later.

FWIW, enjoyed 3.0 this week with very few issues.

Thank you!
  5. BasilofBakerStreet

BasilofBakerStreet New Member

I am running a 2.1 root no ROMs. I tried the update.zip and backed up then loaded the file and got stuck in a boot loop. Any advice?
  6. jonbar87

jonbar87 New Member

What do you mean "no ROMs"? did you try a different kernel?
  7. Jmart922

Jmart922 New Member

Thanks Chevy

Just updated from your v3.0, and so far i was impressed with the new boot animation, props to LiquidGrl! So far everything is super smooth and responsive, just had a quick question hope you can answer, a few roms back like v2.2, but definitely V3.0, my cpu area has been temping pretty hot lately, where the browser will just close and go to the homescreen, no FC, just close, any ideas? i've been using 1.2 kernal, low volt as long as i can remember, and never happened before, thanks, and awesome job man!
  8. ChevyNo1

The only advantage for you to using the nandroid is you'll get Helix and wifi-tether automatically - other than that, wiping and using full-update will also work!
  9. BasilofBakerStreet

I mean it's just a basic version of 2.1 with root access.

EDIT: Sorry I was trying to load 3.1 and after I loaded it, it got stuck in the boot loop.
  10. dave4100

dave4100 New Member

Is this in Rom Manager?
  11. serveitup911

serveitup911 New Member

Basil, you need to wipe, then use the nandroid as Chevy's original post states. Reason is you are not coming from SS v3.0 or another ESE81 source code ROM.
  12. ChevyNo1

This ROM? It's a 'basic' ROM that has been themed for SS, includes lots of extra scripts, and has been built from source. In that sense it differs from 'basic 2.1 with root'.

What ROM did you come from?
  13. ChevyNo1

Not yet - in the works however, just likely won't be until Sunday at the earliest
  14. BasilofBakerStreet

I have the 2.1 that pilotcharles747 posted. Sorry I'm still new to rotting. I have ROM Manager on my phone that installed ClockworkMod if that makes a difference.
  15. ChevyNo1

Yes - OP states that if you are coming from a ROM that is NOT source-built, you really should wipe. I am not sure about that ROM
  16. BasilofBakerStreet

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/35617-rooted-2-1-ota.html is where I got it from. Either way I'll wipe and retry.
  17. Bricked Droid

Bricked Droid New Member

This ROM seems great so far. Thanks, Chevy. I'll try a few of those scripts to remove some of the items I don't use. That's a great new feature. I'm glad I chose your ROMs. They just keep getting better and better.

Also... I have a bad habit of sticking my nose in other people's business. I think you misunderstood Basil's comment. He wasn't dissing your ROM. This might help.

18. BasilofBakerStreet

Definitely wasn't trying to diss anyone or anything.
  19. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Thanks Chevy appreciate the reply. With that said think I'll go with the nandroid file then so there is less stuff for me to mess with after install. Have enough other things I like modding after installing so the less to do the better.

Great news on you plan to get your stuff in ROM manager. Will make life even easier IMO once all is said and done. Keep up the great work, but go enjoy your special weekend.
  20. GoJimi

GoJimi New Member

Issues

Ok.... I must be having a brain fart..... I did a Full wipe data and cache.... installed from nandroid with data partition. Everything boots fine.... but I can't install any apps... I have logged my google account to the phone and synced fine.... but any app I try to install from the market says "Insufficient storage available".... never got that error before....

:icon_eek:

***EDIT****

Redid the data wipe after nandroid restore by going to Settings.Privacy.DataWipe. This then rebooted the phone. I was then prompted with the usual setup your phone and here is how you use the keyboard and such menus. These didn't come up after SS3.1 install. Chevy there may be something in your DATA partition that isn't jiving..... not sure... but it seems fixed for me.... just have to reinstall helix....
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
Search tags for this page
droid x message the application google partner page
gbox google partner setup has stopped

google partner setup

google partner setup has stopped
process.com.google.android.partnersetup stopped
processcom.google.android.partnersetup
simply stunning 4.2 zip rom
the application google partner setup has stopped
what is google partner setup app