ES File Explorer

MadDroidTX

Reaction score
If my laptop is connected to the web via wifi, then to connect to my laptop do I still use the ip address, or do I use the gateway? Ive been trying the ip address and it gives me the timed out path not found message.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am able to access folders within the "users" folder. Pics/docs etc but not able to access the admin folder on my laptop....why is that?

you have to set your entire computer as 'shared' not just certain folders :)

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
Ahh, I see!

Today's update allows a FTP connection! Can anybody tell me how to connect this way as well? I assume this is for remote connection via internet. right?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
....now has FTP! i must've missed when an update added it! just wanted to let anyone know who might not already.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
See above post :eyes: OK so how do I get FTP to work? :p

Haven't gotten it to connect... sent an E-mail to the developer for a troubleshoot list or instructions so I can check against that. Will post back when I've got the answer.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok i added my ip addy to FTP. is that what i'm supposed to do? then i put in my name and pw. it looks for files then says loading then it says no files found. all my folders are set to share with write rights. wtf am i doing wrong!!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Open EStrongs on your Droid > click on Remote

i dont see a button called remote!!!

this isn't your fault... it just recently changed :)... used to be called remote... now it's labeled "LAN"... it's the middle tab.

ok i added my ip addy to FTP. is that what i'm supposed to do? then i put in my name and pw. it looks for files then says loading then it says no files found. all my folders are set to share with write rights. wtf am i doing wrong!!

did you enable FTP thru your Windows Firewall?

... I can't get my FTP set up properly cuz I can't find my XP disk! boo to me :( Have to give up on that idea.... still here to help you guys out though

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:| ok lemme google how to do that and get back with you lol thanks yur sweet :D

Sal R.

Reaction score
Can't get this to work. I either get timed out or the user/pw are incorrect (and I'm sure they're correct).

I've read the notes on the dev's website.

I've tried turning off my firewall and toyed around w/ permissions, but nothing works. Anyone have any ideas?

WinXp Home SP2.