ES File Explorer

Reaction score
So if I understand correct move the files over the network restart the phone and boom... they files will now show up in media player?

THANKS for your help!

angryunibrow

Reaction score
So if I understand correct move the files over the network restart the phone and boom... they files will now show up in media player?

THANKS for your help!

That's what I did, not sure if there is an easier way to mount/unmount the SD card from the settings.
I haven't looked.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been trying to get this to work on my droid for a while now, and have been unable to. I have wifi turned on, but my droid will not, for whatever reason, connect to either of my computers that I have file-sharing enabled for (one mac (with smb enabled), one W7). I've tried setting it up with username/password and anonymously, and neither will connect. Both computers are running static IPs.

I've setup plenty of networks in the past, so I'm baffled as to why I'm unable to connect with my droid.

just asking the necessary questions... not being an arse..
1. is wi-fi connected? being on doesn't mean it's connected unfortunately.
2. does it recognize your computers just not connect or are the computers not showing up in a search?
3. if they're just not connecting i would try a simple restart of the pc/mac and try again.
I had issues getting mine to connect initially... restart of my pc worked for me so I'm just throwing out what I went through.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thanks!! which one is the best one?

haven't tried any of them yet myself... your question prompted me to go searching and I found these 3 that looked most promising to me. If you give one of a them a shot be sure to post back and let us know how it works!

Reaction score
go figure i dl Sd Mount Widget looks good but before I had a chance to try it I transfered a song through wifi and it showed up this time in media player library.

Thanks for your help!!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
go figure i dl Sd Mount Widget looks good but before I had a chance to try it I transfered a song through wifi and it showed up this time in media player library.

Thanks for your help!!

LOL. it knows you downloaded the app... so it did it out of spite. :icon_ devil:

Reaction score

Thanks for your help!!

LOL. it knows you downloaded the app... so it did it out of spite. :icon_ devil:

HAHA :)

One last thing for you. Not sure why but when i look at battery usage estrong say 50% why is that? Just make sure I kill it after i use it? will it drain my battery fast if I dont?

thanks

Jthomas

Reaction score
Hi
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. my droid sees my computer and sees some of the folder. but when I try to access the folders it is telling me wrong password/id, do you want to enter a new one. I know I am entering the correct password and ID. I am using vista. I am connecting through my wifi. I rebooted the computer and power down the phone as well. any suggestions.

Reaction score
you sure you are putting the capital letters in if you have or putting the #s in if you have?

just a thought

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks for your help!!

HAHA :)

One last thing for you. Not sure why but when i look at battery usage estrong say 50% why is that? Just make sure I kill it after i use it? will it drain my battery fast if I dont?

thanks

I wouldn't worry about it unless you start suffering shorter battery life.... but let's say you connect to wi-fi and start transferring/explorer files between your Droid and PC.... so you do this for 30 minutes and then you look at battery usage and obviously your Droid will have been using most of it's juice to run Estrongs as it was your main window you were running for the last half hour.... this is just a hypothetical but I guess what I'm saying is once you're done with the app if you check back later (without task killing estrongs) you'll see it's percentage of battery used has dropped.
Hi
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. my droid sees my computer and sees some of the folder. but when I try to access the folders it is telling me wrong password/id, do you want to enter a new one. I know I am entering the correct password and ID. I am using vista. I am connecting through my wifi. I rebooted the computer and power down the phone as well. any suggestions.

My username on my computer is Scott.... it is the administrative account.
For whatever reason I could not connect to estrongs using 'Scott' as my login name.... I had to use "user". Again I don't know why but I did... and it's worked fine ever since. Give that a shot.... but first make sure you're username entered and password are both correct and in the correct case sensitivity!

Jthomas

Reaction score
ok I was able to connect and browse folders today. Thanks for the suggestions.

on another note. In today's mail I got a DROID long sleeve t-shirt and some coupons for accessories and $25 off a Droid for another "deserving"!! person.

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
I am able to access folders within the "users" folder. Pics/docs etc but not able to access the admin folder on my laptop....why is that?