Error while flashing boot image?

Equinoux

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been roaming this site since I got my Droid and signed up recently. Love this site. Now my question: I'm wondering if anybody else is getting the problem when trying to install the 2.2 ROM through Clockwork Recovery. I have been following the instructions, but when it tries to install it says the following:

Checking MD5 sums...
Erasing boot before restore...
REstoring boot image...
Error while flashing boot image!

I have been trying to get this to work for several hours now and can't seem to figure it out. I'm currently on Cyanogenmod with luna theme, but have also tried installing with 2.1 with root access and tried installing through SPRecovery. Your assistance will greatly be appreciated, thank you. :)

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area)

OP
E

Equinoux

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only person with this problem, wow. My brother had cyanogenmod as well and was able to install 2.2 with no problems on the first try. This is really bizarre...

bzdon

Reaction score
any advice before i flash my firmware back to 2.0.1

i am having a similar problem..

Checking MD5 sums...
Erasing boot before restore...
REstoring boot image...
Error while flashing boot image!

i have tried the spr method as well and failed.
i have the firmware version 2.1 - update1
i have tried on multiple different roms.
the general recommended instructions have been followed exactly.
i have followed all instructions from fellow users with no positive outcome.

pending any advice the only thing i can think left to do is flash sbf back to 2.0.1 and root and try this again.

please someone out there save me the trouble..

apologies for any incorrect terminology.. i have only been rooting my droid for about 5 months now. so i am a noob in sense.

bzdon

Reaction score
problem continued....

i flashed two droid phones and put stock unrooted 2.0.1 on both. after rooting both the same way only one phone made the froyo update successfully.

the only thing i can see that is different is the following.. if this rings a bell with anyone i would love to hear your response...

when i plug in my usb and mount the phone, my windows presents me with a pop up window suggesting to correct the usb device plugged in or continue without correction...

the successful phone did not have this problem when mounted to my computer. I think this has to be the problem..

i did try selecting the correction choice but that did nothing. so after all this my dumb friend has 2.2 and i cannot get that crap.. lol.. please advise.. thanks all

bzdon

Reaction score
problem continued....

well i fixed the problem with the usb. i cut and paste contents of sdcard to my desktop. then formated the sdcard.. then put the contents back onto the sdcard.

now when i mount that window does not come up.. but.... the damn error flashing boot image is still coming up..

i think i am going to give up for the night..

OP
E

Equinoux

Reaction score
Yeah I eventually gave up. I'm back on Cyanogenmod with luna theme and it's running just fine. I really wanted to try 2.2, but for whatever reason it did not want to install after trying all the methods described in the instructions.

bzdon

Reaction score
new steps taken

next i have used an .sbf file to flash my droid to stock 2.1 instead of 2.0.1. i tried the file in clockworkmod file and STILL the error while flashing boot image..

next i am thinking that it HAS to be something on the sdcard.... I totally clear it out flash again the 2.1. this time it has to work... nope.

it has something to do with the md5sum i think. bit to technical for me though.

it has to be something on the internal cpu of the phone. dont have any idea how to correct that..

i hope someone with knowledge is not laughing at my posts. :(
haha

any help would be greatly appreciated

oh yea..... the file i downloaded and put in the clockworkmod/backup folder does work since i put it on my friends phone.. that asshole.. :)