1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

error when updating gmail on my droid x

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by duanekendall, Nov 4, 2010.

1. duanekendall

duanekendall New Member

Every time I update my gamil app, the first time i attempt to use is I get the following message:

SORRY!
    The application Gmail (processcom.google.android.gm)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

I then have to uninstall the update. I have talked to Verizon who had me to factory reset but that did not fix the problem but took a lot of time to recover from.

Any suggestions?dancedroid
  2. GA8561

GA8561 New Member

I'm getting same gmail error

Hi Duane, I see that your post was a month ago. I am also a droid newbie, just got the Incredible last week and today I got the same "gmail stopped unexpectedly" message. Did you ever get this resolved? Any thoughts on what I should do. I found a couple of suggestions to go into the gmail app and clear cache then reboot. Tried that and still nothing.
  3. duanekendall

duanekendall New Member

No responses - Tried everything suggested by Verizon to no avail. The old version of GMAIL works just fine but I like the features of the update but it will not work.