Error when flashing Bugless

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by becominglumberg, Aug 9, 2010.

1. becominglumberg

becominglumberg New Member

Everytime I try to flash my droid to Bugless, the phone restarts to a screen with a warning sign (exclamation point in a triangle) next to a phone. nothing goes on for about 10 minutes, and then i can restart the phone by pressing the power button. is this a clockwork mod problem? has anyone seen this problem before?
  2. GeLopez

GeLopez New Member

you dont have root
  3. becominglumberg

Thanks for the quick reply, but that is not the case. I used EasyRoot to root, and can use other root apps with no problems. Could it be anything else?
  4. GeLopez

GeLopez New Member

install rom manager from market
    install clockwork or sprecovery
  5. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

You're not missing root you're missing a custom recovery you have to flash SPR: SBF to root and to unroot, option 1 then option 2,(preferred) or flash CW: download Rom manager and flash Clockwork recovery, then you can install a custom Rom. I wouldn't use Rom Manager for anything else though. It's had serious problems lately.
  6. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

You have Root but possibly not a custom recovery image, when you boot into recovery (power X) from a powered state, the triangle and exclamation point is all that comes up, if you get to this screen and press the volume and up on the volume rocker it brings you to another screen, this is the stock recovery.

Easiest way I know to get a different recovery image is to find ROM manager (in the Market) and Download it, from within it you will have the option to flash CW Recovery or SPRecovery.
  7. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Me neither, very unreliable lately
  8. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

I've seen a lot of this lately tparker, People think if they root (with this "easy root" app) they can jump straight to installing a Rom, they don't know they need a custom recovery.

That's why I say the easiest way to root is: SPR.sbf, then install a rooted Rom.
  9. becominglumberg

tallica -
    i've got root, so no problems there.

for the install, could you please be more specific? i have flashed clockwork recovery, but i had planned on using rom manager to install bugless. is there a better way?
  10. Bimmerjo

Bimmerjo Member

Using RSDLite, I flashed on a virgin ese81.sbf, then flashed SPRecovery.SBF, then immediately loaded the ultimate droid 6.0. ROM. after that, I installed the latest baseband, then installed a .8Ghz kernel
  11. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

I'm not really sure why CWR has such a bad rap lately. The only issue I've ever noticed or seen reported is with newer recovery versions not updating. It's pretty easy to flash an old one then reflash the latest, or just stick with the older recovery as long as it's working for you. What other issues have you seen to call it unreliable? It's never hosed my system or failed to backup or restore.