1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Error when attempting to build Bugless Beast 4.1.X from source.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by vtrandal, Sep 18, 2012.

1. vtrandal

vtrandal New Member

Basically, I want to know how to build Bugless Beast from source. I really would like to hear from anyone that has successfully built and flashed their own Bugless Beast ROM from the source provided at Peter Alfonso's developers link.

I think there is something different about my development environment that is causing a make error. I'm not sure but maybe this error has something to do with Sun Java versus Open Java. I'm using Sun Java version 6.

I have successfully built and flashed many AOSP ROM versions following the instructions on Google's developer page. But I get a make error when trying to build Bugless Beast.

Here's the details of the build error preceded by a couple extra lines of compiler/make output for context:
    Import includes file: out/host/linux-x86/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libdynamic_annotations-host_intermediates/import_includes
    Export includes file: external/valgrind/dynamic_annotations/Android.mk -- out/host/linux-x86/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libdynamic_annotations-host_intermediates/export_includes
    make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/common/obj/APPS/Gallery2_intermediates/classes.jar', needed by `out/target/common/obj/APPS/CameraTests_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar'. Stop.
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

What does it mean? Any ideas anyone?
  2. vtrandal

vtrandal New Member

Wow. 100+ views but no replies yet. I think it would help if I listed the commands I am using to build the code:

$ source ./build/envsetup.sh
    $ lunch
    $ make -j16

And that's it. These are the standard commands for building AOSP per Google's instructions. Then within about a minute the make error happens as described above.

I setup my build environment following Google's instructions for AOSP. But I am guessing there's something different about build environments for building Bugless Beast. What is it?
  3. vtrandal

vtrandal New Member

Hello again. To encourage replies to my first post in this thread I thought I would clarify what I mean by build or development environment and how I build AOSP (Android Open Source Project) to create my own ROMs.

I followed Google's instructions given here under the Getting Started section:
    Get Involved | Android Open Source

Hopefully that says it all. This has worked well for me and I have successfully built and flashed froyo, gingerbread, and ics ROMs from the development environment described by Google.

Unfortunately my development environment does not build Bugless Beast 4.1.X but instead I get a make/build error as described above. So I think there is something missing from my development environment.

Again I am very interested in hearing from anyone who has successfully built there own Bugless Beast 4.1.X ROM from source code available at Peter Alfonso's developers link here:
    Peter Alfonso: Bugless Beast 4.1.X Jelly Bean

Many thanks to Peter for his excellent work. And many thanks to anyone who replies.

Vince
  4. vtrandal

vtrandal New Member

This is either too long, unclear, or posted in the wrong place. There's too much talent here for this be neglected.

I will shorten it, make it more direct, and interesting perhaps, and post it again. But where?
Search tags for this page
android export includes import includes
android no rules export includes

no rule to make target export includes

no+rule export includes
no+rule+to+make+target++ export includes