Error: Rom installation aborted (bad) Droid 2

jmack98

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been trying to install Liberty rom on my rooted stock droid 2 . I have rooted with the one touch method. have installed rom manager and droid 2 bootstrapper I have downloaded the rom both to phone and to pc. I have downloaded from more than one mirror all from the OPs sources. every time I install the rom following these steps.
1. boot to recovery with bootstrap
2. back up then wipe
3. verify mount of system
4. disable verification
5. choose zip from sd
6. choose liberty file located on root of sd
7. choose yes

or

1. run rom manager
2. install from sd
3.choose back up and wipe
4. choose file from root of sd

I get the following result

clockworkMod Recovery v 2.5.0.8
-- installing: SDCARD:Liberty2-1.5.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:can't open /sdcard/Liberty2-1.5.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

I have read tons. tried tons. got NOWHERE PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank You All in Advance
Jmack98

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted

:welcome:

HOWEVER, if you REALLY had read tons and tons, you would (or should have) have read this post first:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ve...se-keep-area-original-droid-d1-questions.html

and not posted your A955 problem in a section that is supposed to be only for the A855.

But, you already know that since, instead of asking for your thread to be moved you have also double posted your question in the correct(?) area in this thread (post) here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/131017-need-help-installing-rom.html#post1353706

OMG, I will just shut the heck up, since I am almost looking to get bannned for being a good forum user at this site that allows every single deviation of forum posting from the norm.

good f'n luck

OP
J

jmack98

Reaction score

:welcome:

HOWEVER, if you REALLY had read tons and tons, you would (or should have) have read this post first:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ve...se-keep-area-original-droid-d1-questions.html

and not posted your A955 problem in a section that is supposed to be only for the A855.

But, you already know that since, instead of asking for your thread to be moved you have also double posted your question in the correct(?) area in this thread (post) here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/131017-need-help-installing-rom.html#post1353706

OMG, I will just shut the heck up, since I am almost looking to get bannned for being a good forum user at this site that allows every single deviation of forum posting from the norm.

good f'n luck

At the risk of being one too YOUR A DIC-K!! I did read tons of stuff but the subject matter of my reading had #ck all to do with the posts you listed. Im sorry if I devastated your perfect little cyber world !! I was very tired and it was very late but Im sure you have never made a mistake because of anything like that before. I did post in another thread about my problem but I was on my droid and at work so sorry I did not take the time to ask for the thread to be closed at that time. I guess it may have been because I was busy at my JOB in the real world. Not spending my day playing forum cop (DI*K) like you (ALSO A DI*K)

Anyway I do want to ask that this thread be closed and I hope some day your house is burning down and when you are calling 911 the lady on the other end thinks you are being rude because you are not using your best forum etiquette and she tells you off and hangs up on you! OK MOSTLY I HOPE SOMEDAY YOUR HOUSE BURNS DOWN!!!!!

There I feel that in a game of who can be the bigger A$$ we are even!!

GOOD DAY!!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I am sorry. I have been having a bad week or two or three at work (yes I work a real full-time job, been doing so for over thirty years or so). However there is no excuse for my attack on you.

On a side note though, you gotta give me this. When someone comes along and says they have read and read and then post in a section that is not for their phone model it's got to be irksome sometimes, expecially when there is a thread specifically asking not to do so.

As far as the posts I linked, yes you are right the first one didn't have anything to do with your problem, however the second one was you posting this exact question word for word in another area of this site.. But anyways. . .

At least I never wished you actual ill will. Having my house burn down might be a blessing, lol. I hope you do/did get your rom installed and have a nice day.