Error: Nandroid exited with status 25..

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by TuBitMittens, Sep 21, 2010.

1. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i have no idea what this means. I just did a factory reset in sp recovery to try and install ultimate droid but it didn't go as planned. so now I'm trying to restore the latest backup I made which was of the ro liquid frozen yogurt and I can't restore it cuz of this error!!! I'm so annoyed now. I've had this happen before but I have no idea what the error means and I would appreciate the help. I did everything right as far as 'm concered and lately I've been having this issue when trying to restore certain backups. thanks again guys.

2. mx371

mx371 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    OP, what was the issue when you attempted to install UD? Did you receive the Error 25 when trying to install UD restoring the backup or both?

5. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Lol I should've mentioned that. well when trying to install UD it was a separate issue. After the setup wizard finished it would force close, yo know after creating the account and stuff. And then the phone wouldkinda freeze on a black screen. tried like three times.

The error 25 occured when I was trying to do an advanced backup of LFY 1.6 and it just wouldnt let me. Had to spend time last night re-installing everything again. so as for right now I'm on frozen yogurt rom again and I'm fine...idk

6. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Ratings:
    +3
    taken from the linked thread:
    25 - The rom is in too many subfolders. ( I.e. nandroid/samplerom/samplerom, it needs to be nandroid/samplerom
    I do have a lot of crap in my phone's root. Maybe I should clear some stuff out. lol

7. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    It sounds like you did something wrong to name your backup, somehow putting it in a subfolder of /nandroid. But you're fixed for now. Just wanted to clrify that this has nothing to do with how much stuff is in the root of your sdcard which is, I'm sure what you meant.