Error Message

ajwd40

Reaction score
I figured I might get a quicker response if I made a new thread. If you read this thread here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-rooted-help/78347-brick.html

I have the same exact issue.. I started out doing the same exact thing. I wanted to unroot my phone, so I used http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html and followed the instructions for # 5.. but I've never been able to get the RSD Lite to work for me.. I connect my phone.. press up on the D pad and power.. it detects my phone.. I can select the file that I want to install but I'm never able to select "start".. so I've always used the SPrecovery.. however when I press x and start.. I just get the triangle with the exclamation mark.. I can plug in my phone and mount the sd card.. but without SPRecovery I dunno what to do.. I ultimately just want my phone unrooted.. I don't really know what to do from here.. any help?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try putting the sbf on the desktop. RSD lite has problems reading long directories

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Desktop, like Abe said, or the root of your C: drive. There are other things you could try, and they're outlined in the discussion and possibly the OP of link 3 in Abe's signature.

OP
A

ajwd40

Reaction score
Ok I did that and I still get the same message.. here is what I get..

Picture.jpg

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
A

ajwd40

Reaction score
I am using Windows Vista, 32 bit.. ok so I just did what you said.. and I was able to select start, however I get this error message "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. (0x7100); phone connected"

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Do you have access to an XP box? If so, try using that instead. Trust me, it's the easiest way to do it if you can. If not, please hold. Our representative will be with you shortly.

OP
A

ajwd40

Reaction score
lol.. no I don't have any access to an XP computer unfortunately.. thank you very much for your help

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
That last link might do it for you. It's actually post 300-something in that thread and it's got some stuff that might help you out.

Let us know and we'll keep trying to help if you need it.

OP
A

ajwd40

Reaction score
ok so I did what that link said to do.. several times.. and the only thing that I think I may have done incorrectly is this..

Move your recovery file to the root C:\ directory

I have it on the desktop still.. and I have tried it several times, still get the same message.

OP
A

ajwd40

Reaction score
I've moved the file, renamed it several times.. used those instructions in the link provided and restarted my computer.. still the same error message.. hmm