[Error] Galaxy SII rebooted and started with no valid apps

thilab

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a Galaxy SII I777 with Gingerbread installed. I do not use an external SD card, only phone's internal memory.

Today I was replying one facebook message, my galaxy SII rebooted by itself and restarted with app icons a little bit strange, kind of grey with a small "SD" text.
When I tried to open any of them, I get the following message "Application is not installed on your phone". I lost also google play and even GPS navigator, which was installed by default in my phone. :mad:

I did the obvious trying to correct: rebooted the phone. Unfortunately, I got the same situation. Checking deeper, I could get inside "Downloaded Apps" and I had a list of all of them, with only the Uninstall button option. If I try to "Clear App Data" or "Clear Cache", error again.

Inside: Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, I have a full list of all of them again, with the same grey scale.

Can I somehow get everything working again?
I've already made a Personal Data backup, in order to wipe data or to format phone to Jellybean. First of all, I would appreciate your opinion, from DroidForum.

Thanks!!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i would go into settings and do a factory reset, that usually fixes issues like this.