Erratic screen behavior / Ghost in my Droid2 / epileptic screen

FazFamily

Reaction score
My Droid 2 has become almost completely unusable. It acts as if a ghost is in control, randomly selecting menu items, opening new text messages and typing gibberish, randomly calling people, etc. The screen will become nonresponsive, and i cannot select End Call, or other buttons on certain sections of the screen. this behavior will last several days at a time, then disappear for several days. It has the feel of virus/malware. i have tried to uninstall many of my recent apps downloaded but nothing has worked. I never download anything that does not come from the App Market.

I am so frustrated, please assist. These issues have driven me to consider a (gag) iPhone.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Droid 2 has become almost completely unusable. It acts as if a ghost is in control, randomly selecting menu items, opening new text messages and typing gibberish, randomly calling people, etc. The screen will become nonresponsive, and i cannot select End Call, or other buttons on certain sections of the screen. this behavior will last several days at a time, then disappear for several days. It has the feel of virus/malware. i have tried to uninstall many of my recent apps downloaded but nothing has worked. I never download anything that does not come from the App Market.

I am so frustrated, please assist. These issues have driven me to consider a (gag) iPhone.

Factory data reset!!!

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Factory data reset!!!

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->

Ps...please think before iPhone...lmao! I'm sure reset will or should fix.. then slowly and one at a time check your recent dl apps...

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->

OP
F

FazFamily

Reaction score
Am i being lazy/naieve wanting to uninstall all my apps first before doing a facotry reset? I dont want to setup all of my accounts all over again.

My boss wants to change from his Droid X to an iPhone, and is trying to get me to change also so i can teach him how to use it (just like i have taught him to use his old BB and android phones). He just does not understand how painful it would be for an old bbs operator to use an Apple product, ick.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Am i being lazy/naieve wanting to uninstall all my apps first before doing a facotry reset? I dont want to setup all of my accounts all over again.

My boss wants to change from his Droid X to an iPhone, and is trying to get me to change also so i can teach him how to use it (just like i have taught him to use his old BB and android phones). He just does not understand how painful it would be for an old bbs operator to use an Apple product, ick.

Lol its all on you man.. I would, personally. Run a log cat and see what's causing all the issue..

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->