1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Eris used as modem

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by newgenesis, Jun 8, 2011.

1. newgenesis

newgenesis New Member

I currently have a Droid Eris and use it tethered to my desktop computer as a modem. Due to distance to the nearest tower I keep it in a Wilson Sleek cell phone booster cradle. I usually get in the neighborhood of 1-3 bars 3g which gives me roughly 300ish ping while playing Everquest 2. Since I believe I have done all that I can in that neighborhood would a droid with a 1ghz or dual core processor reduce the lag in game I am seeing further? Or would I simply be throwing $$ away for the upgrade?
  2. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Well-Known Member

I think your best bet would be 4G, like Thunderbolt. I don't think the handset is the problem with bandwidth, but 3G has a limit on connection speed.
  3. newgenesis

newgenesis New Member

Being in a very rural area on the eastern shore of VA according to the coverage map it appears I am lucky to get 3G let alone 4G. Really a non starter at this point honestly due to Verizon saying I am eligible for an upgrade but, authorized dealers will not touch me until September, no way I am touching a Droid X for $150 if I wait I could probably get one for $10 ... or other deals come September.
    Thanks for answering though.
Search tags for this page

ð¸ñð¿ð¾ð»ñŒð·ð¾ð²ð°ð½ð¸ðµ htc eris ðºð°ðº ð¼ð¾ð´ðµð¼

droid eris modem

droid eris modo moden

eris modem

htc droid eris modem

htc eris ð¸ñð¿ð¾ð»ñŒð·ð¾ð²ð°ñ‚ñŒ ðºð°ðº ð¼ð¾ð´ðµð¼

htc eris ðºð°ðº ð¼ð¾ð´ðµð¼

hts droid eris ðºð°ðº ð¼ð¾ð´ðµð¼

use htc eris as modem

using htc eris as a modem