Eris sending random blank texts

Jad

Reaction score
My Girlfriends Eris has been sending blank texts to people randomly.

Any ideas?

3nd0Man

Reaction score
Is it possible that it's unlocking in her purse/pocket? My wife's made several phone calls before we went through the process of making sure that it was powered off and locked before putting it back in her purse. With the pattern password in place we haven't had and problems since.

OP
J

Jad

Reaction score
This isn't an issue of pocket dialing but the phone actually mass texting while it's sitting on the table idle. :icon_evil:

joe h

Reaction score
I've had the same issue, going to address it Sunday

demanda

Reaction score
I had this problem too...very annoying! I finally figured out that it was being caused by the phone trying to re-send "undelivered" texts. To fix it: go to messages>menu>undelivered and delete all from that list. After doing this and switching to the chompSMS app, I haven't had another problem!

[email protected]

Reaction score
what is the chompSMS app??????? I just posted something about this same issue...........i deleted all my undelievered txt but not sure what the ChompSMS app is and where to find it........help!!!!!!!!!!!!

karoded

Reaction score
Chomp and Handcent are two alternate sms apps recommended by many. Available from the marketplace for free.

J. Dub

Reaction score
From a Droid by Motorola stand point, I was so close to switching over to an Eris. For many reasons other then just the texting issues. However, now that I got handcent. I may..... Again, may... Keep this phone rather then switch to an Eris.