Eris reload all the time when....

Archerjostle

Reaction score
Everytime i goto my Advanced Task Killer and kill selected Apps...the phone reboot...as soon as i kill selected apps the screen goes to the HTC logo screen and then it proceed to goto the home page and says loading...i pulled battery same thing...i uninstalled ATK and reinstalled...same thing...anyone seen this? Im thinking of trying to swap it out tomorrow at store

Jolest

Reaction score
Try removing the checkmark next to the "Phone" app in the ATK kill-list.

Mattb

Reaction score
That's HTC Sense restarting . I didnt think you could stop that with ATK, but check the list for sense and uncheck it if its there.

choduffield

Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing lately. What I've found:

* If I launch ATK from the icon on the home page then it is more likely to restart the SW. If I go to 'All Programs' and launch it then it doesn't seem to happen.
* If I uncheck my exchange mail inside ATK it also seems to stop the restart.

I'm not sure if these are related or it's just that I've been killing the apps several times in a row while testing. I guess that's a 3rd point that if it does restart and I try the ATK immediately again it doesn't restart the next time.

lowtech

Reaction score
Mine has begun to restart, often when I am not using it. When I take it out of the case and look at the open apps in ATK, suddenly many are running, so I assume it has restarted. I have not picked up a pattern that might cause this yet - it's new within the past coupld of days. I hope someone solves this mystery - not good at all!

lowtech

Reaction score
Hoping to stop this rebooting I deleted any apps I was not using, cleaned out my saved scene, cleared all the screens and re-arranged icons, shortcuts, widgets, etc., which took some time, but so far, since that housecleaning, no rebooting. It has been several hours now - an improvement already...!

I had my data backed up, so nothing vital was lost - and syncing with Google assures that th docs. calendar and contacts are just fine, which is probably the thing I like best of all when it comes to Android!

This does not tell me what or why... but I'll settle for works well! :)

Silver Member
Reaction score
the what and why is ATK. /thread

lowtech

Reaction score

I've used that since I got the Eris in November and the rebooting only started this week. Do you think it is actually that app? If so, do you have a suggestion for a replacement? I know there is debate about this, but I find that closing apps that I am not using at that moment does extend my battery life...

mhotovec

Reaction score

I've used that since I got the Eris in November and the rebooting only started this week. Do you think it is actually that app? If so, do you have a suggestion for a replacement? I know there is debate about this, but I find that closing apps that I am not using at that moment does extend my battery life...

I think it's important to only kill the apps that YOU are not using, and not kill any apps that the PHONE needs to keep running correctly. I'd guess that you're unintentionally killing an app that the phone requires. I use Advanced Task Manager (very sparingly) and with it's most recent update it does a nice job of separating apps from system resources, which makes it harder to accidentally kill something that shouldn't be killed.

lowtech

Reaction score

I think it's important to only kill the apps that YOU are not using, and not kill any apps that the PHONE needs to keep running correctly. I'd guess that you're unintentionally killing an app that the phone requires. I use Advanced Task Manager (very sparingly) and with it's most recent update it does a nice job of separating apps from system resources, which makes it harder to accidentally kill something that shouldn't be killed.

I certainly have been a bit brutal about killing things off :icon_eek:... I will try ATM and be more conservative in my actions and see how that seems to work regarding the battery, etc... thanks!

refthemc

Reaction score
Ya i was using ATK for a bit but then I came back to Taskiller because I was tired of it always closing stuff that HTC Sense needs to run.

lowtech

Reaction score
Ya i was using ATK for a bit but then I came back to Taskiller because I was tired of it always closing stuff that HTC Sense needs to run.

I am now trying ATManager Free, which shows helpful detail about apps, services, etc. - This is an interesting learning experience, getting up close and personal with Andriod! :) So far, so good!

KinderwoodLabs2

Reaction score
I had ATK to begin with, and uninstalled it. The phone doesn't need it...It's not Windows. Good luck!

addictedwayz

Reaction score
Every time I go to a web page and hit the back button to get to the home screen my phone does the same it just started doing this today and it has done it 4 times already not sure what's going on