Eris flashed to cricket. Root now???

CreepyE

Reaction score
Hey guys I know this may be the wrong place to post this. Sorry. I have my droid flashed to Cricket. Rooted running Liquid Frozen Yogurt with Revolution theme OCed to 1.25 gHz. I have it fully flashed meaning market and mms work tooMy wife has her Eris flashed but no market or mms for her. Can I root her phone with out messing up the Cricket flash? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is in the wrong area...I will move it for you, next time please refrain from typing in all caps, it is quite the eye strain

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a quick search at xda turned up this thread:
How to flash HTC Droid Eris to Cricket with Talk, Text, Wap and MMS 5/3/2010 - xda-developers
Im still looking for an answer to your root question, but that thread spells out everything you need to get working web and mms on a flashed Eris.

Edit: skimming through the thread, they are doing it on rooted Eris', so Id root it first. If you loose your cricket clash, you already have everything you need thereto get it flashed back over.

Last edited:

goochbuntu

Reaction score
cricket

if your market is not working its one of two things you removed the google apps in the phone. if you have not done that then this is the issue

1. your not on a android plan from cricket. if your not then you need to setup a apn to make it proxy this i have not done nor used

2. pay another 10 bucks and not use proxies and get the correct prl files you can get the prls from other cricket phones using cdma work shop or going to the prl site im going to get up soon http://cricketflash.co.cc

let me know im also going to put the setting there to help you out