eris camera app on the droid - is this possible?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by angelman, Feb 12, 2010.

1. angelman

angelman Member

So I was at a concert last night and my friend had the eris. I was interested to see how much better the camera software seemed, the zoom function, the overall brightness level etc.
    Since they are both running android is there not a way to copy that eris camera app to the droid, maybe improve it somehow?
    Better still would be if someone could port over the apple camera app to android.. I know that's sacriligious to say but it's hard not to admit that that the apple camera software is light years ahead of the droid in terms of usability etc.
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Angel,

Since no one has taken a stab..

In order for this to work a developer would likley have to wrastle (is that a word) with it. If you simply look at your build.prop file you will see a lot of settings for camera/video control. This file would likley be the least of the issues. I am guessing that the two cameras are physically different beasts. If not, perhaps a little easier. If so, much more difficult if not impossible. No way no how a simple app drop is gonna work, imho. The app has to play nice with the phone software and hardware.

Craig