Eris Battery

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by goathog02, Nov 5, 2009.

1. goathog02

goathog02 New Member

Looks like this battery (@1300mAh) is smaller than the Sprint Hero. With the battery life issues they are having, what will happen here?
  2. JhankG

JhankG New Member

I noticed that too. I guess they did that to make the phone even slimmer, but I certainly would rather have a fatter phone with better battery life. Surely they have figured out a way to make better use of the battery if they were willing to put a smaller one in it.
  3. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Well the moto droid only has a 1400mAh. It's all about the hardware that is sucking the battery that makes it go down so fast.
  4. droideris

droideris New Member

does anyone know of options to buy a battery charger in case i go with an extra battery? it seemed to be okay when i played with one for a while on saturday, and mine is in the mail to me today.
  5. gardobus

gardobus New Member

I saw a battery charger on Fommy.com for the Droids battery, not sure if they have an Eris one though.
  6. l3ryan77

l3ryan77 New Member

battery life is pretty bad on the Eris IMO. I took it off the charger after 10 hours (it died completely last night) at 9am and by noon it was done to 10%. I am coming from BlackBerrys so I am used to crap battery, but this pretty darn bad. Glad I bought a car charger first thing
  7. droideris

droideris New Member

8. mynameisjohn

mynameisjohn New Member

In the users manual it says the battery might take several cycles of charging before functioning normally. So that might just be what is going on hopefully?
    Were you using it heavily during those three hours?
  9. gardobus

gardobus New Member

It's usually a good idea to charge it fully once and let it go down to almost dead (or even let it die) once so that the battery can learn its maximum and minimum kinda. Then after that just charge it whenever you want but I heard that doing that process makes your battery last as long as it can.
  10. l3ryan77

l3ryan77 New Member

Ehh about medium use to be honest. Good to know the manual said that! I guess I should read lol
  11. alinor

alinor New Member

Mine is only 2 days old, but was already starting to worry about this. I made it through the day, but was reading pretty low after pretty light usage today. If you can post how much time you are getting out of yours.
  12. droideris

droideris New Member

After initial charge I got 6 solid hours of pretty constant use. Finishing second full charge for battery conditioning. I ran until it asked to be plugged in. Will have a better idea tomorrow.
  13. Grimster

Grimster Guest

You have to understand that most people in this forum do not understand the concept of how battery life to usage relates....

Everythime you connect to Verizons network for data you are using the cellular radio which is one of the most power consuming components in the phone. You only have 214 min of cellular connection talk time according to specs. If you use your phone for Youtube / Internet over cellular connection you are giving your battery a double whammy. Not only will the cellular radio eat power but so will the CPU to render webpages and run youtube, as will the LED backlight, ect....

I have no issues with battery life on my Eris becuase I am educated and understand whats going on.

It all boils down to education. Please who complain about battery life in ANY kind of device do not have an education in even the most basic electrical engineering.

Did some of you REALLY think you were going to get 2-3 days of heavy usage of all these high-end phone features out of a 1300mah battery??? LOLz....:rofl3:

I squezzed out almost two days of good usage out of my battery which will only improved once I cycle it a few times. Besides, I would much rather keep the Eris nice and slim as it is now than have a bigger battery.
  14. droideris

droideris New Member

Oh, and fwiw, I found the way to turn off the 'always on' feature. that way your droid isn't constantly hitting the network. we will see how it does with the battery tomorrow. personally, the battery life isn't a deal breaker for me. i will deal with it according to my usage.
  15. Grimster

Grimster Guest

If some of your guys want longer than average battery life then why did you buy a slim, compact phone with powerful features like the Eris??? This isnt Burger King, or La La Land, you can't have it your way. You either going to have a compact slim powerful phone with average battery life or a fat bulky phone with equal features and long battery life.

How some of you cant understnad this is actually pretty funny and it all boils down to lack of education...and I STILL have to laugh at some of you who thought you were going to get 3 days of heavy usage with these kind of features out of a 1300mah battery....too funny...
  16. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned New Member

Ok, we get it.:hail: You are "educated" in the ways of batteries (must be pretty important to you, since you brought it up in 2 different posts now). You are an all knowing being when it comes to electricity, electronics and how they use batteries. How nice for you. None of that means that you should be condescending or rude towards anyone that isn't.

People come to forums for a 2 main reasons. The first is to gain information and knowledge about a subject. The second is to share their knowledge and information about a subject. If you are the one seeking knowledge, it is not helpful at all when the one providing it is more or less calling you a dumbass for not knowing it already. How would you feel coming to a forum to learn about quantum mechanics or to learn another language and were treated like an idiot for not already knowing it? Should you be insulted for only knowing one or two languages when maybe I can speak 8?

Why do you care if some people expected the battery life to be a little longer than it is? Why would it matter to you in any way, shape or form if some people are trying to figure out a way to get the most out of their battery? What difference does it make if some people are looking for a key feature that may or may not be draining their battery more?
  17. Grimster

Grimster Guest

Sorry. I excuse people new to smartphones but people coming from a different model smart phone should known...
  18. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned New Member

Why? Every device is different and every user is different. I have a Curve right now that doesn't have wifi or GPS (both being huge battery suckers). My curve will get me through most days on one charge and believe me when I say that I am a heavy user. If that was my first smart phone then I would probably expect the next phone to do the same, wouldn't I? Since the Eris (if I get it) will be my fourth smart phone, I am used to charging the phone several times a day on some phones. Others may not be used to it at all.

As I was saying before, it doesn't matter what people know or don't know about the use of batteries in a smart phone. The fact is that people are coming to this forum for knowledge and/or help. If members treat them like dirt then they are not as likely to come back. Just remember the golden rule and everyone can be happy.:icon_ banana:
  19. droideris

droideris New Member

Mine seems to get better with more charges. Hopefully this will continue. Turning off the always on helps.
  20. bobl

bobl New Member

What is the always on feature everyone talks about?
    I have shut off notifications but is there something else?
Search tags for this page
anyway to get info off of htc eris with no battery
battery pin layout eris
check battery on htc rezound *#*#4636#*#*

droid eris battery life

if the battery of a htc droid eris is completely dead how lo