Eris battery life span problem

mla_ca520

Reaction score
I have had my Eris for less than a year and every few months, the battery stops keeping a charge. I plug it in and it heats up (very hot)...completely depletes the battery charge and then re-charges the battery. I leave home, unplug the charger and when i get to work 20 minutes later, the battery is again (very hot) and 50% empty.

This is the 2nd battery it starts approx every 3 months or so. Anyone else have similar probs?

I'll call Verizon for a replacement battery again but the warrenty is only a year. Should I ask them to replace the phone?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had my Eris for less than a year and every few months, the battery stops keeping a charge. I plug it in and it heats up (very hot)...completely depletes the battery charge and then re-charges the battery. I leave home, unplug the charger and when i get to work 20 minutes later, the battery is again (very hot) and 50% empty.

This is the 2nd battery it starts approx every 3 months or so. Anyone else have similar probs?

I'll call Verizon for a replacement battery again but the warrenty is only a year. Should I ask them to replace the phone?

Knock on wood, but I am 9 months in now and not had this problem.

OP
M

mla_ca520

Reaction score
knock on wood

verizon tech support is sending me a completely new phone to try and resolve the issue. I probably won't come back and post that everything is working ok..but I'll post if the problem happens again.

OP
M

mla_ca520

Reaction score
oops...verizon mistake

so they sent the phone but no new battery...not willing to put the old overheated and possibly damaged battery in the brand new phone. will have to call to remedy this issue

posey46

Reaction score
Mine hasn't done this on a regular basis but I am on my second battery since I got the phone in December of last year. I just got the battery replaced about a month ago. I do notice that the phone seems to get really hot - not the same hot it was when the battery got replaced but still hot - about once a week or so. I love my Eris but I have had a multitude of issues with it.