1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Eris, ActiveSync Exchange + Zimbra not working

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by esmail, Dec 27, 2009.

1. esmail

esmail New Member

Hello,

Has anyone else run into this? I have set up ActiveSync to sync with our work mail (Zimbra) and I can sync contacts/calendar. I can also *receive* e-mail, but I *can't* send e-mail, it all accumulates in a folder named 'Out'.

Exactly as described in this bug report below, which indicates that this won't be fixed?

Description: Opened: 2009-09-19 08:17

The HTC Hero comes with Activesync which works well with Zimbra, except that
    sending emails fails. Composed emails just gets stuck in the "Out" folder on
    the phone.

Bug 41145 – Support for HTC Hero (Running Android OS with ActiveSync support)

If so, it looks like I will definitely return the Eris, as much as I like its design and wait for another Verizon phone (other than the Droid) to come out that doesn't have this problem, unless someone here has a work around?