Eris 30 day Verizon Guarantee Expires April 29th

skupko9680

Reaction score
So I think it is obvious what my question is here; I signed a 2 year contract on March 30th and my 30 day satisfaction guarantee expires on April 29th. I really didn't want a keyboard as in the moto droid so I opted for the Eris. fwtw I really like it, but given the option I think the Incredible would be much better. I've emailed our corporate rep early this am but have not heard anything back so I am asking the knowledgeable board here how I can upgrade to the Incredible at the start of my contract during (last day of 30 day) of my satisfaction guarantee? Do I go to a store, do it online, CS phone call? I was hoping our rep would help, but as usual does not get back in a timely fashion or have meaningful answers. Sorry, just being honest:-(

Any help is very welcome! Thanks for the great resource!

brochaos

Reaction score
i don't think it matters really. i enjoy the people on the phone, the corp stores always seem to hassle me.

OP
S

skupko9680

Reaction score
So a vote for a CS call I'm good with that as that would have been my 1st choice. My biggest concern is timing; any thoughts there?

brochaos

Reaction score
i wouldnt wait to the last day. as long as your account is in good standing, i dont see them giving you a hard time...

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I would call or go to a store. I would probably go to the store first and tell them you werent happy with the phone and you would like to switch to the Incredible now. They should let you do it on spot. If not you may have to call an have it done but you will be without a phone until you send the eris back to them i think.

rcicu

Reaction score
return the Droid and wait 3 days to get then INC... That way you will avoid the restocking fee. :icon_ banana:

givmedew

Reaction score
return the Droid and wait 3 days to get then INC... That way you will avoid the restocking fee. :icon_ banana:

Wow shameless... Way to increase rates and phone prices for others that restocking fee dosnt pad a CEOs wallet it makes the phone prices lower for other people. There is no revenue on phones. Be lucky it's not 15% of the $400 full retail.

I just recently came across the same situation. I bought a MacBook pro and they came out with a faster version weeks later I was faced with over 150 for restocking fee I decided to just keep it and best buy had every right what are they gonna do with a old model open MacBook nothing same thing verizon will do with that $400 eris

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Wow shameless... Way to increase rates and phone prices for others that restocking fee dosnt pad a CEOs wallet it makes the phone prices lower for other people. There is no revenue on phones. Be lucky it's not 15% of the $400 full retail.

I just recently came across the same situation. I bought a MacBook pro and they came out with a faster version weeks later I was faced with over 150 for restocking fee I decided to just keep it and best buy had every right what are they gonna do with a old model open MacBook nothing same thing verizon will do with that $400 eris

That isn't the consumers problem. And i hate to tell you this my friend but there is a HUGE revenue on phones. This company doesn't rely completely on their members monthly plans. You honestly think Verizon pays $200+ per a phone? Haha. There is a huge markup on a lot of things being sold by stores or companies including the cell phones Verizon sells. For instance, take RadioShack for example. I go to RadioShack to go look for a 6 foot 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord and they wanted $8 for it, I also looked for a 6 foot USB to MicroUSB cord and they wanted somewhere around $22 for it. Now through my wholesaler i can get the 3.5mm cord for 55 cents and the USB to MicroUSB for $1.20 and its Gold plated and the one at RadioShack wasnt gold plated. Everything a business sells has revenue and if you don't think it does, boy do they got you fooled.

mkzbdroid

Reaction score
i wouldnt wait to the last day. as long as your account is in good standing, i dont see them giving you a hard time...

haha didnt think so either...worry free as it is defined is "one exchange" and a 35 restock fee, I had changed from BB tour to Droid and on the 30th day called in to report a defect to get a new phone and they said they couldnt ship me a phone since it had "expired". I told them BS you wanna expire my worry free guareentee over a defect in a phone and lose a customer? so they ship a refurb phone while never mentioning its refurb and I call them again to raise hell this time, there was no way I was accepting a refurb phone if they refused to change their stance I would throw the phone thru a VZW window to equal out the value of the phone....next thing I hear is that the phone will be overnighted, and this was Customer service on the phone BTW so I dunno Ive had better experiences within the store, seems its harder for them to say no when im standing right there with a problem. best word to use with VZW is UNACCEPTABLE!

Reaction score

That isn't the consumers problem. And i hate to tell you this my friend but there is a HUGE revenue on phones. This company doesn't rely completely on their members monthly plans. You honestly think Verizon pays $200+ per a phone? Haha. There is a huge markup on a lot of things being sold by stores or companies including the cell phones Verizon sells. For instance, take RadioShack for example. I go to RadioShack to go look for a 6 foot 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord and they wanted $8 for it, I also looked for a 6 foot USB to MicroUSB cord and they wanted somewhere around $22 for it. Now through my wholesaler i can get the 3.5mm cord for 55 cents and the USB to MicroUSB for $1.20 and its Gold plated and the one at RadioShack wasnt gold plated. Everything a business sells has revenue and if you don't think it does, boy do they got you fooled.

Actually most electronics, espeically new ones, dont have much if any markup. They make money on accessories. Think about all the technology in a phone and how it compares in power to your home desktop a few years ago plus the touchscreen techonology and its fully wireless within data and power. $600 really is a fair amount for what it is, but with cell phones most people are conditioned by the carriers by now that phones should be cheap. Hell remember when everyone used to get the free phones on the cell plans and now you look around and almost everyone has an iphone or blackberry. (Sorry android your still getting up there). My point is you cant get your customers to go from paying $0-$100 for cell phone and then try to push this new technology to make money off of apps and data service but charge em $600 for the phone. If verizon sells the phone for $600 yeah they prob make a few bucks, but i really don't see them even breaking even on a droid or incredible for $200. End rant lol.