Eric Schmidt already rocking Nexus S

J

JohnDroid

google-nexus-s-es.jpg

As you are surely aware we've been posting some news tidbits about the Samsung Nexus S/Samsung Nexus 2 lately. Today was a pretty big news day for that phone because Eric Schmidt himself was seen rocking the phone at the Web 2.0 Summit. Granted, the logo was blacked out but the similarity is unmistakable. He referred to it as an 'unannounced phone' from an 'unannounced manufacturer' but it's hard these days to hide from all the internet detectives. He also went on to say that the Nexus S will support NFC which is Near Field Communications for those of you who were unsure.

He did also drop some interesting tidbits of information, such as confirmation that Gingerbread will be out in the "next few weeks". It sounds to reason that the Nexus S will of course be running Gingerbread when it's finally released.

Engadget has a small photo gallery up with more pictures if that's your thing. Full link here: Eric Schmidt shows off a Nexus S at the Web 2.0 summit, says Gingerbread coming in 'next few weeks' -- Engadget

Also keep in mind that we have a site dedicated to the Nexus One and now the Nexus S/Nexus 2 @ Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

shdowman

Reaction score
anyone thinking T-mobile is getting all the great toys? :(

It must be that Google feels sorry for them or something. I don't get it. You don't try to get your best product to the masses by tossing it the the 4th largest carrier in the US.

Bah...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its about time. Spread some of the high end Android goodness around. They all cant be on Sprint and Verizon.

illmatic636

Reaction score
This seems to possibly have Sense UI on it, are we shore this is the N2? Can't be 2.3? Can it?

wmnomore

Reaction score
^its clearly stock 2.3 with that updated notification bar and there's a pic of the stock lockscreen. You can even make out the Tmobile name on the lockscreen.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

It must be that Google feels sorry for them or something. I don't get it. You don't try to get your best product to the masses by tossing it the the 4th largest carrier in the US.

Bah...

+1000 to this comment. yeah man i dont get it either. Maybe some contract restrictions with google and verizon/ATT/sprint? i have no clue but T mobile?!

Reaction score
Tmo does get the best phones period. I wish VZW got the MT4G. Why cant VZW get a stock android phone?

bug_monster

Reaction score
Rumor is Samsung will make Google's Nexus phone, and another similar version they will brand for the carriers. So Schmidt's tester may have been the branded version, virtually identical to the Nexus version.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

shdowman

Reaction score
Rumor is Samsung will make Google's Nexus phone, and another similar version they will brand for the carriers. So Schmidt's tester may have been the branded version, virtually identical to the Nexus version.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yeah and the addition to that rumor is that Samsung will be throwing touch wiz on those phones....which will lead to vzw doing the same crap they did to the fascinate.

At least some talented dev will yank the source from the nexus s to flash to the other models.

And to the above comment, vzw had the most coveted stock android phone for a little while, at least until they announced the nexus 1 LOL.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Bah...

+1000 to this comment. yeah man i dont get it either. Maybe some contract restrictions with google and verizon/ATT/sprint? i have no clue but T mobile?!

Think it might have something to do with what T-Mobile is willing to pay? Nah, couldn't be that.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I have never heard that.Is that true

Think about it. If you were Google, would you rather:
A. Sell your phone to VZW/ATT/Sprint, who are all willing to pay only a couple million dollars.
or
B. Sell your phone to T-Mobile, who are willing to pay $50m?

Obviously, the above numbers are made up. But you get my point, right? Why would Google sell their phone to VZW/ATT/Sprint when they can get more money from T-Mobile? Financially, it makes no sense.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I have never heard that.Is that true

Think about it. If you were Google, would you rather:
A. Sell your phone to VZW/ATT/Sprint, who are all willing to pay only a couple million dollars.
or
B. Sell your phone to T-Mobile, who are willing to pay $50m?

Obviously, the above numbers are made up. But you get my point, right? Why would Google sell their phone to VZW/ATT/Sprint when they can get more money from T-Mobile? Financially, it makes no sense.

And to add something I forgot, there is no other reason Google would sell their phone to T-Mobile, other than financial reasons. Unless anyone can think of one?