Ereader app to sync between 2 devices???

r1nstang

Reaction score
I use my phone at work to read a couple chapters out of a book. But on the weekends I would prefer to use the Iconia Tablet I have at home. But dont want to have to mess with finding my place each time when changing devices. Is there a reader app that can sync between two devices instantly?

lisalisa13

Reaction score
the nook does automatically, sometimes it takes a few seconds but if you dont touch anything it will ask if you want to go to the last page read. I go between my phone, the nook, and occasionally the IPad. Dont know about other readers like kindle etc

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
well I know the kindle app wont recognize the book since i didnt buy it from them. ill give the nook app a shot. thanks!

fastpakr

Reaction score
Isn't there a way to upload a file into your Kindle library? Been a while, but I thought that was an option.

brianjr1

Reaction score
If you click here you'll be able to sync with the kindle app. I find that the kindle app is a little more user friendly than the nook app, along with is having more features. If you download Calibre you'll be able to turn all of your book into MOBI format which is what the kindle program uses to allow for text scaling and annotations.

This program WILL sync across devices and will allow you to manage everything through your amazon account.

Hope that helped.

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
awesome. but damn I have everything in Epub. calibre is so slow I guess ill just reformat a few books at a time.....or maybe it was just cause my computer was ancient when i last used calibre. ill give it a shot on the new computer when i get home

thanks!

brianjr1

Reaction score
r1nstang said:
awesome. but damn I have everything in Epub. calibre is so slow I guess ill just reformat a few books at a time.....or maybe it was just cause my computer was ancient when i last used calibre. ill give it a shot on the new computer when i get home

thanks!

I'm pretty sure you can batch convert! Just start it before you go to bed and it should be done in the morning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Droid Forums

orthocoder

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
great apps to sync with

I do the same-read my books on my phone and pick up again when I get home on my Asus Transformer. I use Aldiko and Aldiko sync add-on app. It uses Dropbox to sync your books between devices. No more chapter hunting.

mamawm

Reaction score
good old google books (play books) syncs across all platforms. i read a bit on my phone, later read a bit on the tablet, later go read a bit on the laptop. always opens to where i left off.

brianjr1

Reaction score
mamawm said:
good old google books (play books) syncs across all platforms. i read a bit on my phone, later read a bit on the tablet, later go read a bit on the laptop. always opens to where i left off.

The issue with Google books is that you're unable to get books in or out of the system. Kindle/Nook allows you to upload your own books in to the system.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Droid Forums

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
I guess i really need to dig around on Adiko. I use it but never looked for a sync. I used to use wordoholic

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
its hard to carry around a hardcover book on a sportbike. its easier to be able to keep my entire collection in my pocket on my cell phone

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
update. I got the aldiko sync Pro and it works great. thanks for the recommendation!