1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Equals Sign? Rooting? 1.5 to 2.0? Good Browser?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by mmwm, Apr 13, 2010.

1. mmwm

mmwm New Member

Hello all. I've had an HTC Eris Droid since December. It's a 1.5 version. My questions are as follows (I did search to try to find answers before posting here):

1. Where is the equals sign? I have only a virtual keypad and I can't find the "=" (I'm typing from my laptop now) I can't believe there wouldn't be one SOMEwhere but I've spent 4 months trying to find it ....

2.. Can I upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0 or 2.1 without getting a new phone? Is there a reason I would want to upgrade? Would Flash actually work if I upgraded?

3. Is there a good browser for the Droid? I've tried the one that comes with it, the Dolphin browser (don't like 'gestures'), Steel (ick -- could not figure out the most basic things, like how to search), and now I'm using xScope, which is the best I've been able to find. I use Firefox on my laptop. Have heard something about Skyfire ... what's that? Is Chrome available? (Market has only faux-chrome, it seems.)

4. Just curious: What is rooting? I saw it mentioned in a welcome post and have no idea what it refers to.

Thanks for any and all help.
Search tags for this page

dolfin browser v.1.5

don't like gestures dolphin

equal sign on htc incredible 2

how to find equals sign on samsung laptop

where is the equal sign on the galaxy s iii virtual keyboard