Equalizer from SA Labs WAY better than Volume +

NYMase

Reaction score
This app boosts my volume significantly better than Volume + did...The equalizer also allows you to adjust the sound to your own personal preference

pyro6128

Reaction score
Does this also adjust the sound when listening through headphones? I watch movies on the subway while commuting to work and during quiet dialogue scenes its hard to hear whats being said with all the train noise.

uhm781

Reaction score
so once I open the app set the equalizer then press home it will brvto those settings on top of the equalizer from Google music or does the app take over

I am sending this message from my galaxy nexus and can't believe it finally came out :-D

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It adjusts not only the ringtone volume but the in call volume also.

Someone called today and I had to turn it down.

AspenSTi

Reaction score
So after using equilizer for a few days, i cant say i'm liking it better than volume+. It seems like it keeps randomly closing from time to time, even while its being used. I have pandora playing and suddenly it gets super quiet and as soon as i open the equilizer app, its goes back to being loud again. I didnt have that problem with volume+, my only concern with volume+ is having to disable music fx. How has everyone elses experience been?

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
I've tried the EQ and it is always randomly closing as well. Not sure what is not playing nice with it? Anyway, the Volume+ apk off of the developer site has been solid and does what it's supposed to do without any drama. Mine is set at 10, I can live with it until something else comes along. No issues with disabling Music FX...at least on my GN.

Stock GN not rooted or unlocked yet.

rjcapp

Reaction score
Might try it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
It adjusts not only the ringtone volume but the in call volume also.

Someone called today and I had to turn it down.

I did notice a difference in the sound with it.
What do you have your settings on? Can you give each EQ setting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

kmo

Reaction score
Better than stock... the speaker and in call volume is definitely needing help on my Nexus. This will do for now until a fix comes through. Love my new Galaxy Nexus by the way.

ryguy5254

Reaction score
Stick with Volume+. I tried this for an entire day and the changes are not that significant. It 'turns off' by itself alot and you have to go back to the app to turn it on again.

You get what you pay for I guess.

My recommendation is to either live with it till an OTA fix comes along, or go with Volume+. Stay far away from this app.

NYMase

Reaction score
Make sure that you hit options and then store it once you adjust your eq settings

I have all of my eqs turned to the max except for the second and third one...For the second one, 5.0 dB @ 230 Hz, I have it a little bit past halfway...For the 3rd one, 12.0 dB @ 910 Hz, I have it a little past 3/4 of the way

I find myself adjusting those 2 while I have the rest of them turned up...Sometimes I will turn down the 4th one, 15.0 dB @ 3600 Hz to a little below max

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
What do each one of them represent and how did you come up with those numbers?

What do you have for BassBoost and Virtualizer?

Make sure that you hit options and then store it once you adjust your eq settings

I have all of my eqs turned to the max except for the second and third one...For the second one, 5.0 dB @ 230 Hz, I have it a little bit past halfway...For the 3rd one, 12.0 dB @ 910 Hz, I have it a little past 3/4 of the way

I find myself adjusting those 2 while I have the rest of them turned up...Sometimes I will turn down the 4th one, 15.0 dB @ 3600 Hz to a little below max