Envelope with green "i" in SMS

fizzle26

Reaction score
Hello, I have read various forums and websites and it seems as though many people have a problem with the mysterious envelope with the green "i"

Well, I had that issue but I found out how to fix it. I had an app called SMS Pop Up and a bunch of my messages had that stupid notification, but when I uninstalled the app it went away! Voila, problem solved this was happening to me on the Verizon Motorola Droid. Since I have uninstalled it, I have messaged various contacts and it has yet to shown itself again. I hope this helps!

kaylinnnx

Reaction score
I'm having that problem on my moto droid, only I have never downloaded such an app. Does anyone know what it means, at least??

Sweettooth

Reaction score
The envelope with a green "i" usually indicates that some type of report was activated. Go into your messaging, hit the menu button and go into the settings. Is any combination of SMS or MMS delivery/read report enabled?

I just played with this recently, hoping that I could set it to where I'd get confirmation when my texts were received and read but since the SMS read report is currently non-existent on the stock messaging app I just turned them off. Not to mention from what I've read, the delivery reports currently only work when texting to another Android phone. I sent a text to a non-Android phone and the report just says Pending even after they reply so if you have them enabled you might as well just disable them.