enV to Droid. yeah i'm new to this

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by ole_red, Aug 11, 2010.

1. ole_red

ole_red Member

Ratings:
    +0
    new guy checking in. picked up my droid a month ago and am finally getting into it. just installed pandahome. next up... who knows... any upgrade tips are more than welcome!

2. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +72
    :welcome:

I prefer Launcher Pro as my home launcher replacement, but to each their own.

As far as upgrades - are you considering rooting or do want want to stick with stock?

3. debdroid1a

debdroid1a Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Welcome. I came from an eNV2 to a Droid. Couldn't be happier.
    My tip: Read through the boards. There are a lot of tips and ideas here. There's a nice Application board with idas for various applications, that's how I found a lot of mine. Plus the Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops? discussion, others would ask what the app or widget was and they would reply (that's how I found out what a widget was).

4. ole_red

ole_red Member

Ratings:
    +0

thinking about checking out LauncherPro. Especially after reading around on here. What are the main differences?

5. ole_red

ole_red Member

Ratings:
    +0

thanks for the tip. searching that thread right now... hope no one at work catches on to my 'productivity'

6. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +72
    The feature I like the most about it is the scrollable "dock bar" at the bottom; you can load it up with 15 apps! Really saves space on the home screens. The widgets with the Plus (paid) version are cool as well. I'll be honest I have not tried too many other launcher replacements. I got LP very shortly after getting my droid and to me it is the default :D

7. ole_red

ole_red Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what does rooting do? i see mention of it everywhere but havent the foggiest what it actually means