1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Entry on First Screen

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by healthlawyer, Jun 3, 2010.

1. healthlawyer

healthlawyer New Member

The screen that appears before unlock the screen shows the date and time and says that "This phone belongs to:"

I can't find any way to add my name or alternate phone # to that statement. I don't see anything in settings or any program that I have added.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
  2. ecsnead69

ecsnead69 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I believe you have installed an antivirus correct? Its coming from that. look through the settings and you will see how to edit it. Actually there is no real reason to have it but if you like it keep it...
  3. healthlawyer

healthlawyer New Member

Thanks and follow up question

Thanks, I suspected it was the anti-virus program. Why don't I need that program? Is there a built in program or does Verizon or Google screen for viruses?
  4. ecsnead69

ecsnead69 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

No one is writing viruses for this OS, there just aren't enough people that it would affect to make it worth someones wild to write one. Just do a search and you will see that VERY few people have them. Besides, anything important is kept one your SD card...
  5. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

With the way Linux (which android is based off of) is set up, viruses dont replicate easy since they only have limited access to the files that the user has access to, which is usually your home folder (/home/username) or in the case of android your sdcard. A rooted phone would theoretically be more susceptible to viruses since they would have complete access to the file system. like ecsnead69 said no one is really writing any malware for android, although these guys have written a root kit for android as proof of concept.

If you like the "this phone belongs to" writing on the home screen download an app called "owner info" and it serves the same purpose.
  6. azbutch

azbutch New Member

Owner

this app seems to show the information on my phone on the second page (where the security pattern is) and not on the first page (where the time and date appear). Is there an app that would appear on the first page?
Search tags for this page

android first screen

droit@screen