Entitlement_Hack_XT912 for 4.1.2 Verizon HotSpot

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
what is entitlement v4.1.2-58 & can it be safe to uninstall it using root app delete?

If I were you, I would not unistall that app. What this app does is it allows you to use the stock Verizon HotSpot, without being charged a service fee. See my thread here... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...azr-hd-maxx-hd-xt926-wireless-usb-ics-jb.html If you do decide to remove the app, I would advise against the unistalling or deleteing apps, but rather freeze them with Titanium Backup or some alternative solution.

lloydsw

Reaction score
Months later, I still haven't figured out why, after doing all this, connecting to the Mobile Hotspot via WIFI gives me no internet connectivity, but when I connect the Mobile Hotspot as USB tether it works fine.

ralbertina

Reaction score
Trying to access entitlement field

Just a quick note on this...

The combination of aShell and aSQLiteManager gives you a free alternative to buying the $3 app. You need both because aSQLiteManager does not offer root functionality, but aShell acts as a root frontend for this. It pushes the file out to external storage where you can edit it with aSQLiteManager, then resaves your edited file back in its original place.

Follow the linked instructions above with this difference for accessing the settings.db file:

Open aShell (get latest version just posted yesterday if you already have this app, he just fixed a bug for JB)
Check root box and grant permission
Enter File Explorer
Navigate: Data>Data>com.motorola.android.providers.settings>databases>settings.db
At this point you will confirm to open the file with aSQLiteManager
Choose "settings" from the list
Choose "data"
Use "PgDn" to find and edit your entitlement check settings
When done, back out and answer Yes to commit your changes.

following the above instructions, I get as far as entering file explorer. When I navigate to data> I get the message "no root access". When I exit the program and use root checker, it confirms I have root access. Any thoughts on what is happening
?

hynderson

Reaction score
Months later, I still haven't figured out why, after doing all this, connecting to the Mobile Hotspot via WIFI gives me no internet connectivity, but when I connect the Mobile Hotspot as USB tether it works fine.

Mine is exactly this way too and I followed everything to a T. I've checked the entitlement and it's done correctly and I also have had no other issues with rooting ever!!
Until I upgraded my Maxx to 4.1.2 I've not been able to WIFI hotspot with the entitlement.

Does anyone have an answer to this??? Possibly a fluke with certain devices or a bug? I had no issue with hotspot before 4.1.2.

(also, yes, I must check to see that even that rom is up to date as I absolutely loathe updating and flashing most the time. I'm comfortable and skilled with such but backing up apps, reloading etc..not my type of evening. :) )

lloydsw

Reaction score
Sadly, we are not alone. I've seen this on multiple forums and so far I've never found a solution.

MichaelGh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Razr xt912
How do I get this entitlement_hack.????

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
This hack is based on 4.1.2 and does not look like it's been updated.

rokky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone X
Just a quick note on this...

The combination of aShell and aSQLiteManager gives you a free alternative to buying the $3 app. You need both because aSQLiteManager does not offer root functionality, but aShell acts as a root frontend for this. It pushes the file out to external storage where you can edit it with aSQLiteManager, then resaves your edited file back in its original place.

Follow the linked instructions above with this difference for accessing the settings.db file:

Open aShell (get latest version just posted yesterday if you already have this app, he just fixed a bug for JB)
Check root box and grant permission
Enter File Explorer
Navigate: Data>Data>com.motorola.android.providers.settings>databases>settings.db
At this point you will confirm to open the file with aSQLiteManager
Choose "settings" from the list
Choose "data"
Use "PgDn" to find and edit your entitlement check settings
When done, back out and answer Yes to commit your changes.

Version 4.4.2 of aSQLiteManager "does it all" now if you are rooted, and the root manager can intercept its requests for you to allow the root access. Dunno about earlier versions or any other configuration.

I just used this to disable the entitlement check so I can use my Razr HD on my new AT&T account which is a type that does not restrict tethering, "Mobile Share Value Plan" (now with rollover of unused data from the prior month, I don't feel so bad about giving up my unlimited VzW data plan to simplify our cellular plan for just wife and self - was not using more than 2GB at most anyway).

rokky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone X
That's true, there's a different hack if you upgraded to KK. How-to thread is over @ xda. Worked for me.

Thanks for keeping this around for us who are staying on 4.1.2/Razr HD! Made my day today once I found aSQLiteManager could do the whole update, and where to make the changes.