Entitlement Hack for RAZR HD/MAXX HD XT926 Wireless & USB, ICS & JB

Telescopist

Reaction score
The settings vary from device to device, if you do note, I originally posted this in XT926 Razr HD/Razr Maxx HD Section. I have found this setting to be tranferrable, however note that this is an Entitlement Hack and that is really what you should be concerned with. The setting value of "79" came from one of your fellow XT912 owners, which I have mentioned numerous times that I do not own the device nor do I support it. You should take a look at what appears to be the "Entitlement_Check" that display on line "66" from your screenshot, change the value to "0" save and reboot. I truly would like to see everyone benefit from this Entitlement Hack, you should be looking for the Entitlement_Check line as the numbers vary depending on what settings your phone and everyone else's phone setting is.

Duly noted in a previous post. Thank you. I am not benefiting from Entitlement Hack.

I am benefiting from the Entitlement Hack! Some gremlin must have inserted the word 'now'. Sorry KaChow.

Last edited:

nickmind

Reaction score
56/57/58 = tether_reverse_nat_enabled = USB Reverse Tether

Hello all,

I just want to confirm I just got a MAXX HD 9.16.6.XT926 just a month ago. Just minutes ago i rooted, install SQlite, followed the direction from the OP, and Worked!!! Thank you for your time.

But i'm asking a question about the value for tether_reverse_nat_enabled because I think the setting is wrong in the Original Post or maybe i don't know what this line does for us? My setting was _id:57 and Value was 0 by default. By reading the line, i would think by setting the value to 1 will enable tether reverse nat. :) Don't we want this setting enabled? I would think we would want this.

Again, I'm not sure were reverse nat would help us, maybe something like use the USB connection to the phone for internet access?!? Don't know.

Thanks again,
Nick

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just want to confirm I just got a MAXX HD 9.16.6.XT926 just a month ago. Just minutes ago i rooted, install SQlite, followed the direction from the OP, and Worked!!! Thank you for your time.

But i'm asking a question about the value for tether_reverse_nat_enabled because I think the setting is wrong in the Original Post or maybe i don't know what this line does for us? My setting was _id:57 and Value was 0 by default. By reading the line, i would think by setting the value to 1 will enable tether reverse nat. :) Don't we want this setting enabled? I would think we would want this.

Again, I'm not sure were reverse nat would help us, maybe something like use the USB connection to the phone for internet access?!? Don't know.

Thanks again,
Nick

Glad you got it working! The wireless tether is incredible!

The settings I have listed in the OP for the "tether reverse nat" are correct, that is the setting should be "0". When it comes to these settings "0" and "1" think of them as check marks, that is "0" is no check mark and "1" is a check mark. If you have "tether reverse nat" set to "1" and tried to use it, the system, would not run the setting as the "1" or checkmark is set and does not allow the running of the program. If the setting on the other hand is "0", then the system would not see the checkmark, and the system would run the program. Reverse Tether, happens to be my favorite tether method, the one I have posted is the only one that actually works. Most household internet connections get on average a speed of 20-30 mbps, you have a strong signal on your device with strong LTE you may get anywhere from 30-45 mbps, (of course connection speeds vary and I mentioning this to prove a point.) Let's say your home has a internet connection of 105 mbps or your work has this, or you happen to live in one Google's Fiber areas and get over 750 mbps or more. Imagine, with that raw speed the ability to run your Device through that internet connection, thus you have the Reverse Tether, which takes your device connected via USB and runs it through your Computers connection.

Another place that this may be beneficial, and don't get fired for trying this before finding out. If you get a lousy connection at work, or maybe bluetooth doesn't work well, and your Boss or IT will let you run your Device's modem off, of the companies computer that you use, this would be an ideal solution.

If you want to check your computers SPEED click here, nothing to Download.

Last edited:

soccerdude77

Reaction score
I am getting an error that I have not seen here yet. My error is this.

ERROR
An error occurred while opening the database. disk I/O error (code 3850):
, while compiling: SELECT * FROM sqlite_master WHERE type
in('table','view') ORDER BY name

I have an xt926.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I am getting an error that I have not seen here yet. My error is this.

ERROR
An error occurred while opening the database. disk I/O error (code 3850):
, while compiling: SELECT * FROM sqlite_master WHERE type
in('table','view') ORDER BY name

I have an xt926.

Thanks for posting this, I cannot say precisely where the error occurred or when it took place, but the solution to resolve this would be to rebuild the database. The error is indicating that the db does exist, however are errors causing the disk not to be read. At first, this could be viewed as an issue with SQLite (afterall SQLite is generating the error code), but after further review that is not the case. The more advanced way to fix this can be found here, which essentially you are creating a new database using the existing database information. There are other ways of getting the original database back, the most common would be to reset or restoring the device to its original condition. One other option that could be explored, if considering the complete reset, is to first extract the (com.motorola.android.providers.settings) aka Setting Storage app, found within a base rom, install it over the existing application (this is just a theory), afterall there is not an issue with the application, it is database that is the concern and whether or not an install of new app can in deed produce a database that overwrites the existing one.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
There are other ways of getting the original database back, the most common would be to reset or restoring the device to its original condition. One other option that could be explored, if considering the complete reset, is to first extract the (com.motorola.android.providers.settings) aka Setting Storage app, found within a base rom, install it over the existing application (this is just a theory), afterall there is not an issue with the application, it is database that is the concern and whether or not an install of new app can in deed produce a database that overwrites the existing one.

In reference to my last suggestion, if this is the chosen route, let me provide some additional resources. I have taken the liberty of finding the necessary file that contains the db, it can be downloaded here through this link. These apps are new (they do not contain any personalized settings) and are based on the latest update of JB4.1.2, version 9.16.9. There are two files, and this is very common, if you are running a stock version of JB 4.1.2. The next step once these apps have been downloaded, I suggest doing so directly to the device or can be done via the computer and external storage. Once, the file has been installed, open it, I suggest using a program like Root Explorer, if you would rather not spend the $4 for it Root Browser lite does an exceptional job for free click here... . Chances are if you have Root Explorer you can easily follow along as I will use Root Browser to proceed. Open Root Browser and find the db.zip, should be on the SDcard1, open file and extract both files, (make a note of where the file is extracted to, mine uses by default /storage/sdcard0/extracted.) Find the extracted files, select the Multi-Sel in bottom tool bar, select both apk/odex, click on the scissors to move, going to go all the way out to the uppermost folders, look for the folder that reads "system", then this is what I do, paste, find the two files and change the permissions to RW-R-R on both (this is the check boxes for Read- Owner, Group, Others and Write=Owner. Once this has been done on both apk/odex, multi-select, select both applications, select move and move to the "app" file and paste. Go ahead and override the change, with the change in place, exit out of all the files and REBOOT. On reboot, if this was successful then you should be able to enter the db and make the setting changes, and reboot again.

As always this is done at your risk, the db is ONLY for the XT926 running on JB 4.1.2, latest version 9.19.9

dja1980

Reaction score
I'm a little confused by post #34. It states that "tether_reverse_nat_enabled" should be "0", but the screenshot in the OP shows it as "1". I only made a change to "entitlement_check" since the other two were already set to "0".

These were the default settings on my phone...

tether_reverse_nat_enabled - 0 (do I need to change this to "1"?)
entitlement_check - 1 (I changed this to "0".)
usb_entitlement_check - 0

Is this correct?