entitlement check mod

kamisan

Reaction score
download both aShell and aSQLiteManager by ANDSEN in play store for free
before doing the mod i recommend you do a system backup 1st so if anything goes wrong you still have a back up

use aShell to look for the file " com.motorola.android.providers.settings " in /data/data/
select database
select settings.db
warning pop up " yes "
complete action using pop up " aSQLiteManager "
goto settings
data
pgdn til you find 147 entitlement_check
select edit then change value to 0

You can also use root explorer to find the database settings.db change its permissions to all allowed then use the SQLlite app to edit the entitlement_check from a 1 to a 0

works on 230 and 232

after that I recommend changing the default IP third and last octec ex 192.168.22.1 to 192.168.44.2 (just something different) and I would recommend changing the channel from 6 to something else, reason being that typically wireless routers come defaulted to 6 and using 1,2 10 or 11 anything other than 6 has less clutter on the channel. You can get diminished signal range when your fighting all your neighbors. Just like the old days with CB get on another channel and there's less issues with signal.

using mobile hotspot (unless they changed it) is not AD HOC but more like a true wireless router. Ad Hoc will work if your using a laptop, desktop etc but many tablets out there and other phones will not connect to an Ad Hoc connection. (i.e. wifes original droid and htc thunderbolt would share internet to laptop but eepad did not work at all, mobile hotspot works on eepad.... )
not sure about foxfi but many wifi sharing apps are only Ad Hoc

bbucks36

Reaction score
"after that I recommend changing the default IP third and last octec ex 192.168.22.1 to 192.168.44.2"

agree the default ip that is set will give you connection probs ..well at least for me.. i use 192.168.42.2 or 192.168.99.2...my .02 :biggrin:
also the USB wifi tethering is working like butta too... couldnt get it work in GB

Last edited: