Engineer Builds 'Flame-based' Burning LightSaber

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Check out this other cool Off Topic news story! (Sorry... it's a slow Android news day.)

Do you folks remember the video we shared of the engineer who built his own version of Thor's Hammer, Mjolnir? He craftily figured out a way to make it seem like only he could lift it (under specific circumstances). You can check out that video here: Clever Engineer Creates His Own Version 'Mjolnir' that Only He Can Lift | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Well... he's back again, but this time he made his own lightsaber! This one isn't strictly a plasma sword like you would see in the Star Wars movies, but its hilt does look just like a traditional Jedi Weapon, and it does have a glowing blue blade that burns things. It's actually a glorified butane torch, but it makes a decent (if dangerous) impersonation of an actual lightsaber. Enjoy the video shown above!

Will someone ever be able to create a real life lightsaber? Possibly/probably, but the better question is... should they?

Reactions: CJM
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's a realistic one to own for sure!

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I might attempt to build one. That's what my dad and I do. We do all kind of things like that.