Engine Noise when using DC charger and Aux port with DROID

Monshroud

Reaction score
When I hook my DROID up in my car using just the headphone jack to my cars AUX jack things work fine. Once I also connect the vehicle charger I start to hear engine noise. The noise increases in frequency as I rev the engine.

How do I resolve this issue? Is this a grounding issue in the car? If so, how would I get them to fix it since the car is under full warranty.

Do I get a DC power filter, a different brand car charger, a audio cable with a Ferrite core? I love using my DROID to play music using either the built-in MP3 player or Pandora, but on long car trips this becomes an issue.

I am open to suggestions and look forward to your responses.

Thank you in advance!
Monshroud

srothkin

Reaction score
Ground loop -- a ground loop isolator will fix it. I forget where I got mine, but it says PAC Model SNI-1/3.5 on the front of it. Maybe google mp3 player ground loop isolator.

OP
Monshroud

Monshroud

Reaction score
Issue Resolved

So I was told by one car audio store that the issue was my Car Charger, and I needed to get one with a noise filter. To make a long story short, the person who told me this was quite wrong.

I went to another Car Audio store and got the right answer. I purchased a new 3.5 audio cable to go from my DROID's headphone jack to the AUX port on my car. This one though has a Ferrite Core which is filtering the engine noise off the line.