Engadget reviews the Motorola Droid X

GreenAcid

Reaction score
So okay, Is this phone gonna be released on the 23rd? or is it just an information event about it?

DroidHoff

Reaction score
So I know everyone is saying that this will come w/2.1 and it probably will. But I find it odd that the little Home Screen there in the picture is displaying the little android widget guy?????

brando56894

Reaction score
Those pictures and videos were taken about two miles away from where I live! (New Brunswick, NJ Rutgers University)

The phone does look pretty nice but its too big for me, Im happy with my moto droid.

NVash

Reaction score
A friend of mine and I were just talking about this. Both of us got Droids shortly after they launched and now look, already the phone is outdated. No doubt we knew this day would come but man the phone isnt even a year old yet. To say Im annoyed is an understatement.

They really should consider offering discounts to people already on a contract. Like me, Im locked into a two year contract. But no doubt Ill want a new phone when, say, the Droid 2 comes out. Im sure thatll be before two years. Wouldnt it be nice if Verizon pulled up a persons records, saw they were on a contract already and just cut a discount since theyre already on contract? Possible charging them the same price they would get if they were just signing up and MAYBE locking them into another two year contract? If it was like that people would probably have every Android phone out there and just switch up as much as they can.

dakoop

Reaction score
Bgr says maybe a release on the 2nd? Why the hell am I so excited over a cell phone?????????

hendrix

Reaction score
A friend of mine and I were just talking about this. Both of us got Droids shortly after they launched and now look, already the phone is outdated. No doubt we knew this day would come but man the phone isnt even a year old yet. To say Im annoyed is an understatement.

They really should consider offering discounts to people already on a contract. Like me, Im locked into a two year contract. But no doubt Ill want a new phone when, say, the Droid 2 comes out. Im sure thatll be before two years. Wouldnt it be nice if Verizon pulled up a persons records, saw they were on a contract already and just cut a discount since theyre already on contract? Possible charging them the same price they would get if they were just signing up and MAYBE locking them into another two year contract? If it was like that people would probably have every Android phone out there and just switch up as much as they can.

The problem is that when they sell you that phone for $200 (roughly $350 cheaper than retail) that it takes 2 years of you paying phone bills to finish paying off the phone (so to speak) which is why you have to pay $350 to get out of your contract early. If they allowed you to upgrade every 6 months at the new contract rate then they would be losing money left and right.

darreno1

Reaction score
When I demanded they release an Evo-like phone a few months back, I think Verizon / Motorola listened. This will be my next phone.