Endless loops of betas??

Reaction score
GO BACK TO STOCK.

Stop spamming the forums with your complaining. This place is for people who need help, want to help, and genuinely enjoy participating in the dev community. If you want to spew your gibberish all over the internet, find some other place to do it.

Until you actually build your own rom and "cook" it how you want it, you should probably stop taking it out on other users, developers, and testers.

OP
MendedLogic

MendedLogic

Reaction score
GO BACK TO STOCK.

Stop spamming the forums with your complaining. This place is for people who need help, want to help, and genuinely enjoy participating in the dev community. If you want to spew your gibberish all over the internet, find some other place to do it.

Until you actually build your own rom and "cook" it how you want it, you should probably stop taking it out on other users, developers, and testers.

I see your an intelligent person, and took the more mature approach.. You obviously misread everything I posted.. And your pall parrot act is tiresome.. You felt the need to post for what ever reason.. ITS ALL A MATTER OF OPINION.. You want to hear complaining check out the rom threads specially one called "the truth about Justice" that guy is seriously not happy.. Ive made one thread so that's not spamming and the thread was clearly made to only take a look at both sides of the coin and if even only one dev sees and makes the change then look at the good it has done..

And for the record, Ive not taken anything out on anyone only responding to whats being dealt.. So as they say what goes around comes around.. You play nice I play nice simple as that.. Hence the no pissing contest comment in case you didn't know that means no need for arguing as NO one is right OR wrong here.. Now I'm again choosing to move on as Ive attempted to do in my earlier post, I would hope that you can too.. And just so you know I hold much respect for ldopa as he has helped me on a couple of occasions.. He is a good guy and knows his stuff.. I admire his opinions as he does not candy coat like others do.. ;-)

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
As far as DX ROMs i don't know who supports and who doesn't, I don't have a DX and have never been in the dev scene of the DX, my devices are the D1, and the D3. No root or ROMs yet on the D3 but I still actively support the D1, I have not abandoned it or anything like that. Not trying to start trouble, just trying to clear the air so their are no rumors or anything like that.

Yes I have moved on the D3 for my daily device but my D1 still gets pretty good use and I still develop on it, I have no intention of just dropping a device from my development, I'm not that type of person. I started Droid Concepts with some high hopes and long term goals, and if you want to get familiar please do, check out the link in my signature to the D1 forum here on DF that houses all my stuff, and also check out the Droid Concepts web page, located in my sig, or just go to droidconcepts.com

D1 support is still fully my thing, I may be a different kind of developer I know most out there not all aren't very user friendly or anything well that's what I am all about along with DC, it was the idea behind DC, and if you have any questions i'm always willing to help. So the D1 will be supported by and the DC staff up until all of our D1's die or there is no reason to support it. I agree that a developer simply leaving isn't good its rude to the end user, even if you sold the old phone to get a new one, there could be common courtesy to let everyone know rather than just leaving. my philosophy on the whole deving/rom process is much different than most, im not in this to make a buck or anything like that im here to have a good enjoy it and have a good time. I don't see big time donations from people like CM or some of the other devs out there, so I only have a rom out for the D1 because its the only device i own. I just picked up the D3 for my contract renewal at VZW, but still have my D1 and I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon..

-woody

zombiestomped is no longer supported by its developer, but its a finished GINGERBREAD rom that i was on for ~3 months straight with no problems. the only reason i moved off of it was to try miui. zombiestomped is really amazing -- fast, no compatibility issues, beautiful, good batt life

Not supported by its developer?? So the dev abandoned it... That doesn't sound promising.. Wow..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

The dev probably got a new phone or something. He/she won't support a ROM forever. Woody of Droid Concepts no longer supports DC on the D1. Why? Because he got a D3. I completely understand and respect that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh my good god. Really?
Thread unsubscribed.
Anyone else who wants to quit wasting your valuable time on this pointless dribble, bail out now.

CM74D2

OP
MendedLogic

MendedLogic

Reaction score
As far as DX ROMs i don't know who supports and who doesn't, I don't have a DX and have never been in the dev scene of the DX, my devices are the D1, and the D3. No root or ROMs yet on the D3 but I still actively support the D1, I have not abandoned it or anything like that. Not trying to start trouble, just trying to clear the air so their are no rumors or anything like that.

Yes I have moved on the D3 for my daily device but my D1 still gets pretty good use and I still develop on it, I have no intention of just dropping a device from my development, I'm not that type of person. I started Droid Concepts with some high hopes and long term goals, and if you want to get familiar please do, check out the link in my signature to the D1 forum here on DF that houses all my stuff, and also check out the Droid Concepts web page, located in my sig, or just go to droidconcepts.com

D1 support is still fully my thing, I may be a different kind of developer I know most out there not all aren't very user friendly or anything well that's what I am all about along with DC, it was the idea behind DC, and if you have any questions i'm always willing to help. So the D1 will be supported by and the DC staff up until all of our D1's die or there is no reason to support it. I agree that a developer simply leaving isn't good its rude to the end user, even if you sold the old phone to get a new one, there could be common courtesy to let everyone know rather than just leaving. my philosophy on the whole deving/rom process is much different than most, im not in this to make a buck or anything like that im here to have a good enjoy it and have a good time. I don't see big time donations from people like CM or some of the other devs out there, so I only have a rom out for the D1 because its the only device i own. I just picked up the D3 for my contract renewal at VZW, but still have my D1 and I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon..

-woody

AWESOME!! See that's what I'm talking about!! Oh how I wish many others took this same approach!! Bless you Woodyman!! I understand the need to keep up with technology but at the same time keeping up with what you started.. It speaks for who you are as a person and your work!

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I have not read through this thread, but this page seems like it has gotten way off track, the lady asked a simple question,

are any DX ROMs considered stable, all that needs to be done is a simple yes or no, no need for bickering on either side, im not a mod but i know for a fact this is something that would merit warning and a thread closure.

so if you don't have anything to contribute to the thread there is no need for it on EITHER side. The forum is supposed to be a learning place for us all, and no one needs to be here to argue that to your PM box please. not trying to be mean but it seems like you guys have gotten way off track here.

as far as being stable or beta don't pay that any mind, the ROMs are all listed and posted for free read the thread see what users are saying and give it a try if you wish, if you don't like it move on to something else, thats the simplest way i can give it to you. I call my ROMs on the D1 'BETA Builds' not because there not stable but because they are never truly finished. that is just a title so please don't let that influence you in the future. many have asked me why my D1 ROMs aren't called stable, because there not done. I just have a different approach to all of this, but everyone has said my ROMs are just as stable if not more stable them roms that are actually labeled as 'stable'
so just keep that in mind, like i said read the user reviews those are the best way to decide that and the developer. if they are here for the money or fame then there stuff may not be the way to go. but you make your own choices, these are just my thoughts, so if everyone has gotten their answers then stop posting and move on to a new thread where we can all put what we know to good use rather than just bickering back and forth.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
yeah i would have to agree, ive only read this page and if the last 4 are just the same this has been a waste of a lot of time. yours included, I only came here because i had one of my ROM users ask me about this because what was posted about me. so i simply came here to state a fact, and in doing so read this last page and it is off track.

all she asked was if there were any 'stable' DX roms that are supported the only thing any of you had to say was yes or no, but somewhere someone started bickering, i don't know who and i don't really care, but im surprised that if this has been going on the whole time that this thread hasn't already been closed by a mod.

give the lady her answer and move on to putting your knowledge to good use. no need for the bickering from EITHER side.

Oh my good god. Really?
Thread unsubscribed.
Anyone else who wants to quit wasting your valuable time on this pointless dribble, bail out now.

CM74D2

Reaction score
Read through the thread and I have to say I agree while heartedly with mendedlogic. I used to have my phone rooted but what is the point of having a faster phone with certain customizations when every rom I have tried has at least one very basic function that doors nor work? The last rom I used was Liberty v0.9 and although I did like it, I just got tired of bouncing from Rom to Rom when there is always something that is unfinished. I flashed back to stock and put the OTA GB back on and my phone runs flawlessly. I would love to root again for more control but not at the expense of losing a basic function.

Just like an earlier post said, Google is always updating their systems and Motorola is working on updates but, they would never release a build that was missing something basic and then just scrap the project for something else. Some people may have bugs but Google, Motorola, and others fix those bugs while working on the next project. They don't just drop it all together.

I love what the dev community does and all the things they come up with but I just can't keep changing every month because a there is a new beta out when the last version was not compete.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
MendedLogic

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Amen Brother!! (Jungle King 76) And that's just what I found out Woodyman does he supports his work without any worry of abandonment and he answered my question on top of it.. Why are so many ppl quick to jump down someones throat just because they don't know or simply they want their opinion to take more precedence over yours? I don't understand it, But now I wish I had a D3 LOL I would most deffiniately want to follow someone who had compassion for the end user!!