Endless loops of betas??

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just like I get ansy for a new rom after a short time, the devs want to move on as well. Can't blame them I guess!

CM74D2

Just like I am getting antsy right now and want to try something new. Hehe

SSX v2.0

OP
MendedLogic

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Just like I get ansy for a new rom after a short time, the devs want to move on as well. Can't blame them I guess!

CM74D2

I know that feeling well myself.. I love change, But I would at least like things I use on a daily basis to work..LOL ;)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
In that case, your better off sticking with stock or a stable rom that's been out for a long time. If you want to be on the edge of development, it's gonna be sweet, but a potential rough ride.

CM74D2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In my tenure I have used every rom released for the droid 2 and most every gingerbread rom released for the thunderbolt. Some were far from finished and some were very stable. The thing is though, no one is ever done. Just like the devs constantly release new roms, Google is constantly developing the next version of android and Motorola is always working on updates for each of their devices. If anything was ever truly finished it would be heartbreaking. If you are going to use custom roms you are going to have to live with a few issues here and there and having to constantly update your phone. That's just how it is. But the same is true with stock, otherwise you would get one fully working firmware when you purchased the phone and it would never get updated.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

droidxchat

Reaction score
2nd init just happened on the dx, youre going to see betas because it enabled so much more, CM and miui have stable builds and nightly (beta) builds, but the last stable builds happened before cvpcs succeeded with 2nd init. If you absolutely can't wait for stable then just go back to stock

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
MendedLogic

MendedLogic

Reaction score
If you absolutely can't wait for stable then just go back to stock

I get your point, I'm supposed to accept broken unfinished work if I want change.. Even if that means I have to spend money for it, which I did.. Pfft.. And I just suck it up or wait for the next unfished broken beta or just play it safe and stay stock.. And the point of chasing your tail is? Everything has a finish including movies, books and obviously this thread since its getting no where.. If we were only betas that would make us what? Immortal! Lol No one is right or wrong here its only a matter of opinion that should be looked at with all fairness.. I'm over this now, its not getting us anywhere anyway.. [/rant]

droidxchat

Reaction score
just explaining the current situation sorry if its not what you wanted to hear

Reaction score
If you absolutely can't wait for stable then just go back to stock

I get your point, I'm supposed to accept broken unfinished work if I want change.. Even if that means I have to spend money for it, which I did.. Pfft.. And I just suck it up or wait for the next unfished broken beta or just play it safe and stay stock.. And the point of chasing your tail is? Everything has a finish including movies, books and obviously this thread since its getting no where.. If we were only betas that would make us what? Immortal! Lol No one is right or wrong here its only a matter of opinion that should be looked at with all fairness.. I'm over this now, its not getting us anywhere anyway.. [/rant]

Point is, it's not broken, unfinished work. Just like DroidxChat said, rom development takes serious time and effort, especially given the crazy new world of 2nd-init. If you aren't happy with the devs' works in progress, then go back to stock.

Because we are fresh in the world of 2nd-init, this is a pretty frenetic pace for rom devs. As users, if you want to help explore bugs and try the latest and greatest, you must accept that developers still have a lot of exploring and building to do.

I'm not trying to spew flames or hate here, but seriously, if you're not happy with the state of rom dev'ing right now, then go back to stock until you're happy with what you see.

As a side note: I don't understand how you could possibly be having problems with battery on liberty. I'm on 0.8 and have zero problems and extremely good battery life. I think you're doing it wrong.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed! Personally, I love beta testing and trying new roms. Nothing is ever done, including us. Change is the nature of things including roms

You could always dev your own rom with no bugs. I'll be happy to try it out!

CM74D2

OP
MendedLogic

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Point is, it's not broken, unfinished work. Just like DroidxChat said, rom development takes serious time and effort, especially given the crazy new world of 2nd-init. If you aren't happy with the devs' works in progress, then go back to stock.

Because we are fresh in the world of 2nd-init, this is a pretty frenetic pace for rom devs. As users, if you want to help explore bugs and try the latest and greatest, you must accept that developers still have a lot of exploring and building to do.

I'm not trying to spew flames or hate here, but seriously, if you're not happy with the state of rom dev'ing right now, then go back to stock until you're happy with what you see.

As a side note: I don't understand how you could possibly be having problems with battery on liberty. I'm on 0.8 and have zero problems and extremely good battery life. I think you're doing it wrong.

Amazing how many times ppl will beat a dead horse or Chase their tails and all for what? Makes no sense to me.. Obviously you must have not read this entire thread and only a few a comments here and there.. Because if you had then you would see your just repeating what we've already said and have astablished..

And to add, I just came from the Justice thread, talk about a very unhappy rom chaser.. Ppl are complaining more and more about roms everyday.. My only issue was I wanted to see more completion of a rom b4 devs bouncing onto another rom that wont get completed. And then the cycle repeats it self..

As for your side note.. How does one "get it wrong"? Battery life can fluctuate from rom to rom from device to device depending on a few factors one being apps that run in the background.. My phone is under heavy use on a daily basis I need good batt life.. And so far its gotten worse since I flashed v.9

Although I have said many many times I love this rom, it only has a few tiny bugs left then its perfect and finished, but again Justice came out instead of perfection of one rom and here we all sit ready to move on to the next.. And I paid money for this.. Lessons learned..

Reaction score
You paid money for the Toolbox app, meaning you paid money to further unlock features on an already good rom. You did not pay for the rom, nor the quality of the rom. You chose the rom and then decided to pay for the app to use with the rom.

Stop whining.

OP
MendedLogic

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Agreed! Personally, I love beta testing and trying new roms. Nothing is ever done, including us. Change is the nature of things including roms

You could always dev your own rom with no bugs. I'll be happy to try it out!

CM74D2
This thread is about completing what one starts...
Can you develop? Do you ever finish anything you start? Do you clean half a room? Do you only empty out half the trash from your trash can? Change is awesome I agree, I love change but not at the expense of functionality.. I utilize every bit of my phone to the fullest extent and why not!?! I dont want to only use half my phone... And you love beta testing...That's great! But you haven't cooked your phone yet either.. I'm sure that tune would change.. Speaking of change..lol As I said in a few post earlier no reason for a pissing contest.. This is all a matter of opinion anyway and we all have our right to it..