Encountered a Large Problem while/before Rooting

Twitch043

Reaction score
Hey Rescue Squad.

I'm trying to root my step-mom's phone, a Motorola Droid 1, and I've ran into a problem. I flashed SPRecovery using RSD Lite, and now when it turns on, it says there's no service, tells me to connect the charger, and shows a white battery symbol at the top with a red line through it.

I tried switching her battery with mine, which is fully charged, but it made no difference. I haven't installed any ROM yet, so it's not yet rooted. But I'm freaking out a bit, I'm not sure what's going on.

There's a chance it may not have been charged enough when I tried doing it, but I'm not sure.

Also, if I try to do almost anything, it will reboot back to where the word "Droid" shows up, and boots back up. But the same thing happens.

Any help would be appreciated, I really hope I didn't... break her phone.

Ask for any more info and I'll try my best. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I just installed a 2.2 ROM that also installed the stock recovery, so her phone's fine now. I'm not sure what problem I ran into, but I'm not going to try rooting her phone again.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What method were you using?

If you flash a ese81 sbf on to a frg01b phone you will have serious issues because the bootloader is updated past ese (eclair).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App