1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Enabling Scripts

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by weems, Mar 29, 2010.

1. weems

weems New Member

I have a couple questions.

First, Can i hook up my phone to the PC and use this "ADB Shell" to type in all of my command lines? if so, where can i download it, or how do i access it?

Second: I cannot seem to the scripts to work on the BB v 0.9 If i can get ADB Shell to work I can then take screenshots of what I am doing, so hopefully i can figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks.
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

3. weems

weems New Member

thanks. I believe i saw the thread you were talking about. I sifted through the 6 or so pages and it didn't work. Maybe with this ADB i'll be able to find out what i'm missing.

Thanks.
  4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

5. gnome_sayin

gnome_sayin New Member

From page 9 of version 9 of Petes BB rom... Here are the commands that you need to use to enable the scripts. These can be done either in a terminal emulator window on your phone, or using ADB shell.

I prefer to use ADB shell when running these commands because you can cut and paste when using the PC. To do this, highlight the line, not including (enter), of course.. and then in the adb shell window, right click and choose paste. It really helps with eliminating the typing errors!!

adb shell (enter) <--- use if you are using your PC
    su (enter)
    mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system (enter)
    chmod 777 /system/xbin/enablescripts (enter)
    enablescripts (enter)

Once you get this working, go back to page 1 of his ROM thread and start turning stuff on and off.. good luck!
  6. weems

weems New Member

[​IMG]

hmmm. I couldn't figure out ADB, but this is a picture of the droid running Terminal Emulator.

Either way, still says its denied... could this be something with "busybox" or w/e?
  7. weems

weems New Member

also tried this, but to no avail... I'm sure i'm just missing something easy :/

[​IMG]
  8. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

First off, just so you know adb only works from a PC side. adb allows you to access your phone via command prompt. You can access other commands you can't through terminal, like push a file from your PC to a specific spot on the phone, and pull a file from the phone to your PC. A pretty nice writeup http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/30464-how-adb-why-i-love-adb-commands-3-a.html . Not that any of this matters right now, but that is why adb shell in terminal emulator comes up with errors.

Maybe busybox doesn't have the right permissions.

Code:
    su
    mountsys
    chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox
    Then try typing "droidboot" or whatever script you are trying to run.
Search tags for this page
allow scripts to run on android
allowing scripts to run o andeoid

enable script on android

how do i enable scripting on my droid
how to allow scrilts on droid
how to enable scripts on android
how too allow scripts on android
scripts android allow