Enabling both cores permanently on dual core devices.

Zan Senjur

Reaction score
So i just bought a new phone with dual core 1.3 ghz processor and i am rooted and i just really was searching for how can i enable both cores and to make them stay online? i have an app that turns it on but like only until i lock the device and when i unlock it i have to activate it again -.- any ideas?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So i just bought a new phone with dual core 1.3 ghz processor and i am rooted and i just really was searching for how can i enable both cores and to make them stay online? i have an app that turns it on but like only until i lock the device and when i unlock it i have to activate it again -.- any ideas?
Pardon my curiosity, but why are you concerned that both cores should be running all the time? Is the phone lagging during periods of time and you suspect that it's because it's only running on one core?

Typically the operating system will know when it reaches a point of CPU saturation and will call on the 2nd core to kick in and pick up the slack. This should be something that you shouldn't have to worry about and let it happen on its own in the background instead.

Running both cores simultaneously and constantly will do two things;

1, it may make the phone somewhat snappier, but may not be obvious to you as the user.

2, it will consume considerably more battery power and that may ultimately result in the phone running out of juice before the end of your day which will be obvious to you.

My suggestion is to let the phone run the way it was designed to run and but the operating system manage the control of the CPUs so that you get the best of both worlds, fast performance with no lag when the phone is in a low demand status, reasonable performance with minimal like when the phone is in a high demand status, and good battery performance overall as a result of the management of the cores.

OP
Z

Zan Senjur

Reaction score
thank you for your reply but actually now that you said it goes on automaticly yeah it goes but not always... cause its really annoying you see like there is this one game called cops smash heat and if i turn it on manually it works fine but if i dont it starts to lag the whole time i play ... it's really annoying so ideas on how to put it on permanently? :) thanks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with the game that you are. It's a shame that the operating system isn't recognizing the higher demand that the game is placing on it and turning on the second core so that you can have more reliable play. I'm not aware of a way to turn on the cores permanently and that most likely would require rooting of the phone and working with the operating system at the system level. Perhaps going into the hacker forum and post in the question there might get better results.