Enabling 4GLTE?

ShadowofChaos

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just (As of today a few hours ago) got into the idea of rooted Android Phones and the idea behind ROM images, and so far, I've gotten the idea down pact, except one thing which seems to constantly be avoiding me: How to enable data services after installing a ROM.

The phone does register my number (I'm able to check my voicemail and all), and I'm able to use WiFi, and I see in the screenshots that they have 3G enabled, so I know it should be possible. If it matters, I'm on a Droid Biotic (Not a Droid 3 that seems to be the recommended- I didn't notice that until now), and I have backups of everything so I'm not desperate for a solution perse, but would still like them.

As the Data services are a must, I'd have to abandon the idea and wait for Motorola to release their own versions if I wanted to enjoy that sweet Ice Cream Sammich, though.

Any help would be great.

EDIT: It might be important (Just a little bit maybe) to mention that I'm using Steel droid 5.6 now (Was at 5.5 before). Might solve the issue, but probably not.

EDIT2: Also, since I restarted the phone i cannot access my Wifi settings. if these things got fixed, I'd never look back to the stock install again.

Sheffy007

Reaction score
ShadowofChaos said:
Hey guys, I just (As of today a few hours ago) got into the idea of rooted Android Phones and the idea behind ROM images, and so far, I've gotten the idea down pact, except one thing which seems to constantly be avoiding me: How to enable data services after installing a ROM.

The phone does register my number (I'm able to check my voicemail and all), and I'm able to use WiFi, and I see in the screenshots that they have 3G enabled, so I know it should be possible. If it matters, I'm on a Droid Biotic (Not a Droid 3 that seems to be the recommended- I didn't notice that until now), and I have backups of everything so I'm not desperate for a solution perse, but would still like them.

As the Data services are a must, I'd have to abandon the idea and wait for Motorola to release their own versions if I wanted to enjoy that sweet Ice Cream Sammich, though.

Any help would be great.

EDIT: It might be important (Just a little bit maybe) to mention that I'm using Steel droid 5.6 now (Was at 5.5 before). Might solve the issue, but probably not.

EDIT2: Also, since I restarted the phone i cannot access my Wifi settings. if these things got fixed, I'd never look back to the stock install again.

This rom is for droid 3, meaning that it doesn't support 4gLTE. There are tons of roms for the bionic specifically that are working very well.

OP
S

ShadowofChaos

Reaction score
This rom is for droid 3, meaning that it doesn't support 4gLTE. There are tons of roms for the bionic specifically that are working very well.

Yeah, I noticed. I kind of jumped right into this without thinking. Either way, I managed to find one that actually works, but thanks for your help none the less.