Enable your Droid X full HDMI capabilities

throwscoach

Reaction score
So you can stream movies downloaded from Blockbuster, VCast, etc to the TV? Is the picture quality good?

zachcr250

Reaction score
For me the picture stinks, but Im still playing. Still very, very rad. I cant believe that motorola could not of done this. Now all I need is a remote......yea

I just got a phone call through my TV???

R2ME2

Reaction score
This seems like a cool feature. How will it handle update 2.2?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...If he CAN'T get it mirrored it creates a very real need for a physical keyboard, unfortunately for the X.

Anyway, great news! I now want HDMI on my next phone. I assume this app will be available for all HDMI out phone. Wasn't planning on a new phone any time soon, but with LTE handsets not out until maybe May I'm thinking about it.

abe7333

Reaction score
Hopefully soon he gets the mirror image. Its hard to look at screen and work like that

omd

Reaction score

Up until this app was released, the Droid X had very limited HDMI capabilities. All you could do was view stuff from your gallery. With this app, you can use your video player, applications and even emulators from your Droid X directly to your big screen. If you purchased the Droid X for the HDMI, you can take full advantage of it now. This app only costs $1.99 and is available now in the Android Market.

Market Description:

Warning: This only works for the Droid X.

Finally you can enable and disable the HDMI port on your Droid X. Use your favorite video players, applications and emulators on your big screen TV or Stereo.

- HDMI Video/Audio Out
- Car/Media Dock Modes

[via androidpolice, androidlibs]
Need some help.. Would love to use this app but can not find it in the marketplace. I searched on HDMI and Real HDMI, no luck. Can you help.

GmanApps

Reaction score
Mirror on the lcd and tv at same time is imposible for droidx as omap3 controller/cpu in the dx only has one display controller. So it can only output to one display at a time.

Real hdmi will be back on the market place one the froyo version of my app has finished being tested by some beta testers.

Motorola had made some changes in 2.2 that broke the app so had pulled it from market place until I could get a compatible version out. If all goes well in testing will be back on the market this weekend.

abe7333

Reaction score
Mirror on the lcd and tv at same time is imposible for droidx as omap3 controller/cpu in the dx only has one display controller. So it can only output to one display at a time.

Real hdmi will be back on the market place one the froyo version of my app has finished being tested by some beta testers.

Motorola had made some changes in 2.2 that broke the app so had pulled it from market place until I could get a compatible version out. If all goes well in testing will be back on the market this weekend.

Oh ok. Perfect. That's why I bought the app so we all can support you and make the app better. Perfect

Augie

Reaction score

I guess I should have read the whole thread before I bought the app via the barcode. Regretfully I did get a refund until I see that its working again

kbomb

Reaction score
just purchased and downloaded...mad props to the dev