emulators

JohnFH

Reaction score
Faintestidea said:
What exactly is one and is it possible to get one on the bionic?

An emulator allows rooted users to enter commands. Check out "Android Terminal Emulator" in the Play app for one example and for a link to a site with detailed info.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are also game emulators so you can play Nintendo (and other systems) on your phone.

sonicjoe

Reaction score
What exactly is one and is it possible to get one on the bionic?

This is a very broad question, as emulators can be lots of things. You mind rephrasing it, letting us know what exactly you are looking to do and we can respond and let you know if the Bionic has an app that can do it?

OP
Faintestidea

Faintestidea

Reaction score
One to play games. Dont know what systems im looking to play, just want ro see what i can play. And do i need to own these games in order to play them? Yes very noob questions but i know nothing about this :)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
One to play games. Dont know what systems im looking to play, just want ro see what i can play. And do i need to own these games in order to play them? Yes very noob questions but i know nothing about this :)

Legally speaking, yes, you do have to own the games. So, unless you own them and are trying to make your own file from the actual game, we won't be able to talk about how to get any of them on this site. :)

OP
Faintestidea

Faintestidea

Reaction score
Own them in what context? On my phone or in cartridge-disk form?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Own them in what context? On my phone or in cartridge-disk form?

Own them as in having legally purchased them, either in cartridge/disc form or having purchased them for your phone.

Many people download the game files for emulators online without purchasing them. Since doing this is piracy, we can't discuss it in this forum. Everyone can feel free to talk about the emulators themselves, just not how to obtain the game files illegally. :)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just a reminder that discussion of where to get game ROM files, is prohibited on this forum.

To be clear, technically you must own a cartrige/disk copy of a game to have a legal ROM copy. And it can only be used by you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
Faintestidea

Faintestidea

Reaction score
Well heck, im better off just paying 40 bucks for a used ps2 lol. Thanks for the info guys

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Back in the OG Droid days, game emulators were pretty big. Someone had made a cover for the OG Droid's physical keyboard so it looked (and worked) like a game controller.