Emulation

Discussion in 'Android Games Discussions' started by JonDo, Apr 19, 2011.

1. JonDo

JonDo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking into getting an emulator to play some old psx games, i was wondering what the best path to take was. If anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them. I just dont want to invest money in something like that if there is going to be any official releases.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using DroidForums

2. MajorMontanaMax

Ratings:
    +0
    FPSE is the best PS1 emulator from my point of view, when PSX4droid came out, i was so happy that i got it the day it came out, but my hopes and dreams were shattered when i saw that almost every game i threw at it played and sounded like crap, sure i could OC my phone to the max and turn the sound off in game to get a good 30+ FPS in most games, but for me it wasn't enough, and then....FPSE came out, after buying PSX4droid, there was no way i was going to spend money on another Playstation emulator, till i saw videos of FPSE in action, it was like a ray of light shot out of my monitor and punched me in the face, but it didn't hurt, in fact it opened my eyes, and i went and i got FPSE, and i NEVER looked back, it ran every game i threw at it WITH SOUND at 50-60 FPS

TLDR; PSX4droid,the dev took everyone's money and booked it and just made the app free, so if you want an emulator that runs like crap and has no support from the dev but it's free, then PSX4droid is for you, but if you want an emulator that runs everything almost perfectly, has support, updates like crazy and just keeps getting better and better but costs money, then FPSE is the one for you

Hope this helps!

3. JonDo

JonDo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It does! Thank you very much! Im not very technically-inclined so getting it to run smoothly may be a bit of an issue for me. But ill do my best to try and do it myself. Thanks again for your suggestion!

Sent from my GT-I9000M

4. solar

solar Member

Ratings:
    +1
Search tags for this page

fpse

fpse overheats phone

fpse ps2 games