Emulated Games vs. Marketplace

Silver Member
Reaction score
Until developers are given a chance to fully utilize the capabilities of the DROID and the storage availability of the SD card, I just don't see any Marketplace games competing with the level of research and detail that were put into the old Nintendo and Sega games.

The Gameboy Advance is the most recent system out of all of them and even though it has trouble with some games, the ability to play more recent titles has been enough to satisty my gaming needs on the DROID.

Has anyone really found any Marketplace games worth keeping/worth the purchase price?

A guy at work showed me a 3D racing game on his touch where you tilt the screen to steer (but that's about it) and it looked and sounded amazing.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
some people here swear by Quake on the Droid, but i'm sticking to emulated ROMs for now. some cool GBA games out there (although many DO NOT work)... and most SNES games work

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed on the GBA games that don't work. I wish they did, but I've been playing the hell out of Mario vs. Donkey Kong. LOL.

Sometimes I feel like SNES has too many buttons and I forget what does what. Sega has almost the exact games as SNES but the graphics/sound are inferior in comparison. However, games on SEGA play WAY better than SNES.

I have save states from another emulator on my WinMo phone. I need to see if I can hack them to work with these emulators. I don't want to start over. lol.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol yeah, i was bummed that mario tennis and mario golf didn't work... those are quick and fun games to kill time with.

but all the RPGs, donkey kongs, marios work, so one can't be too picky

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol yeah, i was bummed that mario tennis and mario golf didn't work... those are quick and fun games to kill time with.

but all the RPGs, donkey kongs, marios work, so one can't be too picky
i'm glad i'm not the only one with that problem. i was bummed about those exact games. also, don't even bother downloading the 32mb kingdom hearts game. lol.

mario kart seems to work.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i wonder the mechanism as to why some games work, and others don't... not like mario golf/tennis are more graphics intensive than any other game

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Where do you get the Roms? I won't have my DROID for another 2 weeks, but I want to play Excite Bike. Damn I'm feeling old.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Can you honestly say even with the capability developers will be able to ever achieve the raw vintage feel that any of those classic games has? (There's people who swear their NES and SNES/GENESIS have better replay value than any modern day console for that matter...except for a few standout titles.) The only thing that allows current day games to compete is the idea of true multiplayer.

You can give me any modern-type game that would be phone based and I'd take an emulator/rom combination any day of the week.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes LordKastle, agreed. however if you've used the iPhone, they have some real quality games... i know, i downloaded tons of them on my jailbroken iPod Touch ;)... hope we see the same quality or better on the Droids, and i will certainly pay for them

LordKastle

Reaction score
Well that is my point :)
There is absolutely no iPhone game, in my opinion only of course, that could ever reach the true quality and feel of most games on NES/SNES, etc. Like I said the only thing modern consoles such as 360 or PS3 have going for them is the multiplayer.

Can you find yourself playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 20 years from now? Most likely not.

I wasn't trying to bring the iPhone in to this discussion at all but now that you did..there is no mobile game on any phone that could legitimately contend with any of the vintage consoles. Maybe there is an occasional Doom, Quake multiplayer or even Halo 1-2..not 3] (that has replay value), but beyond that...I just don't feel it.

There are no name games that you'll come across on the vintage systems that will have you hooked. Hell, play Friday the 13th on Nintendo and it may be one of the scariest games to play in the dark - No joke.

Last edited:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
a little offtopic, but COD Modern Warfare 1 will be a "cult classic" game for years to come. perfect MP (on the PC anyways)...

Loyrl

Reaction score
I love playing chrono trigger, FF3(6), and secret of mana on my droid! I hope they do put out some good games for the droid, can't wait!