Emptying the Trash!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To those of you who are saying e-mail in the stock e-mail app forces your regular non-gmail messages THRU gmail, you are WRONG. You're saying it works that way because it's a Google powered phone? When you set up Microsoft Outlook on your desktop with your comcast email, does your email all get forwarded thru Microsoft? No. Thats a really stupid statement. Even stupider that you're telling people your story like it's gospel.

I don't think you have a clue of what I was talking about. Of course outlook doesn't go through Microsoft, this is an entirely different story. There is no way to forward the mail through Microsoft, and Outlook isn't set up that way.

I stand by what I said. You should forward your mail through Google if you can. I understand there are situations when this is not possible. You don't have that opportunity with Outlook anyway so what in the world are you talking about?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I stand by what I said. You should forward your mail through Google if you can. I understand there are situations when this is not possible. You don't have that opportunity with Outlook anyway so what in the world are you talking about?

I respectfully disagree with your use of the word "should". I would say "could". Reasons you shouldn't:
1)has to make an extra bounce through google's servers which delays mail and leaves room for error
2)can cause problems when "From" address is not properly guessed by google
3)bunches all mail together with no way to set up different notifications ala k9

What I'm saying is, the forwarding through google method is one way to do it but the k9 way is another valid way. I don't think either way is the way it "should" be done. It's up to the individual. I've listed my reasons for choosing not to forward. I would not be happy with your method.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
What the flock, go on line to Gmail, trash, and empty all trash. Bam, it's all gone.

This is not difficult.

BOOOOOM!!! :D

Worse comes to worse, and you dont have access to a computer, your phone has an internet browser, go to the email account, switch to full web, and do it from there...