Empty Trash/Mass Delete Emails

droidsolo

Reaction score
Is there a way to issue an "Empty Trash" email? Also, is there a way to "Select All" emails for delete?

May The Kernel Be With You!!

-DroidSolo-

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Bump for answers... My boss just asked me the same question...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The email app K-9 does have batch operations including select all and delete all. Don't really know about any other email apps.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Don't have my phone on me... What exactly does the K-9 app do? Are all email servers compatable?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't have my phone on me... What exactly does the K-9 app do? Are all email servers compatable?

I know some folks have had problems getting yahoo to work, but I believe everyone has finally got it working. I don't recall anyone saying their connection was simply impossible. There have been some issues with which port to use for sending on some carriers. I had heck getting my pop3 account at Cox Cable to work, but I finally did and have had no issues. Cox decided to block port 25 and they were not interested in giving me any help with a cell phone. I finally found a guy that got it to with port 587 (I think?).

wildings

Reaction score
I am trying to do this as well...I have 700 accumulated e mails that I wish to delete. I can pull up the Trash sub menu in 'folders' but cant delete e mails except one at a time. I am linked with outlook and have emptied 'trash' on my home computer, and also cleared on my server. Help would be appreciated, thank you and best regards, Tony [email protected]

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am trying to do this as well...I have 700 accumulated e mails that I wish to delete. I can pull up the Trash sub menu in 'folders' but cant delete e mails except one at a time. I am linked with outlook and have emptied 'trash' on my home computer, and also cleared on my server. Help would be appreciated, thank you and best regards, Tony [email protected]

Well, with that many you may consider just going to (from any of the home screens) Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Email/Clear Data. I know that's a little extreme, but after the "clear data" all you'll have to do is to enter your account info again. You'll then be clean. The above assumes you are using the native email app!!!

wildings

Reaction score
deleting e mail

After deleting a large number of e mails that I did not realize go to the Trash Can, I realized that after deleting message from In Box, they go automatically to the Trash Can instead of disappearing. It appears necessary to go through several steps to get rid of read e mail you do not wish to save. First delete the e mail after reading, then open the Folder menu, open the Trash Can, and delete a second time. There must be a better way, if not, I think this arrangement is less than brilliant! Thanks!

wildings

Reaction score
Also, e mail messages that I reply to of course get saved in the Sent Mail Folder...in order to get rid of them, it seems I have to delete there, and then go to the Trash Can and delete a second time. Am I missing something simple to avoid this duplication?

IveFallenAgain

Reaction score
It is so easy

Found It.
Whether you are in your Inbox, Sent or Delete and you want to trash everything.
Open your Delete screen.
Bottom left hand corner of the phone there are 3 bars.
Touch them.
Up pops a screen where you can delete all or select all and then delete or trash.
The wording is slightly different between the Inbox, Sent & Delete screens.
But it is all right there.