1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Emoticons

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by glienhard, Apr 6, 2010.

1. glienhard

glienhard New Member

I love the little :greendroid: emoticons in the sms, but here is my problem/question. My wife has a Blackberry and when she send emoticons they all come without the nose and I don't get to see the :greendroid:. Is there a way to edit the emoticon list to add the ones without the nose? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
  2. KevinJ

KevinJ Member

If I remember correctly, they little android emoticons will only show up on another android-powered phone.

Of course, if I'm wrong, someone will show up and correct my misteak.... er, mistake.
  3. koralyne

koralyne New Member

I love those things!!! Too bad the only people I know with android phones are my mother (droid) and one of my friends, (sprint hero)
  4. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Yeah, I remember when Adroid first got those. It was the first OS update that the G1 got. Someone sent me a text and I was like, "WTF!? A little Android!? That's awesome!"

Then, I sent a message to my buddy with WinMo phone to see if he could see them too...No dice.

I wonder if anyone has the picture files...then, I could randomly add them to a text message for emphasis.

When I was rooted, I took screenshots and cropped out a couple of them, but I didn't think to get them all...and I was kinda sloppy about the cropping, because I was just showing this girl that she has to put the - in for the nose or I don't get the green guy.

She's doing a lot better at remembering these days. [​IMG]
  5. glienhard

glienhard New Member

Maybe some clarification here...I don't want others to see the :greendroid: icons, as that is not possible unless they have an android phone.

I want to see the :greendroid: icon when my wife sends me a :) smiley without the nose. (Her Blackberry send emoticons without the nose.)

Does anyone know how to edit the emoticons dictionary or reference file to make this happen? Also, since I am new to this forum, is this post in the right place?
  6. softnew

softnew New Member

7. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Does this app address the subject? If not, it should be in its own thread.
Search tags for this page
(*) blackberry emoticon
andriod emoticon on blackberry

android emoticons list

blackberry emoticon glossary
blackberry emoticon translation

blackberry emoticons for android

blackberry emoticons list for android
blackberry emoticons on android
blackberry emoticons translator
blackberry smileys for android
droid emoticons